RCAF SPITFIRES.. Mk XIVe..duel build.

williamj

wUddHl.jpg
88cjgd.jpg
0LJFaq.jpg

Well we're back from holidays..my wife,son,and daughter had a great vacation..the sun..the sand..the food poisoning.

Thanks for all the Bday wishes..really liked that...and Mike..the geezer switch was flipped on long ago..LOL.

Been wanting to do a couple 45..46.. RCAF Griffon Spits like forever(these two above)..so no time like the present..high back and low back .

Have duplicates of everything we need,including two Aviology sheets..learned a long time back to have a second sheet ready,cause I admit to messing up a lot with transfers.

I did have the Warbird set(hard to find now)..and just cast a second set myself last evening along with "new" prop blades...now don't judge me,these are for my own use ONLY.

Wonder if we should enter this in the multi engine group build???

So good to be back home and on the bench.

Cheers..William.

Edited by williamj

Yes! I've wanted to do both of those planes for years. I've got a PCM XIV in the stash for the FRXIV and have been waiting for Iconicair to come out with his XIV conversion for the Tamiya kit to do Violet Dorothy. 

How well does the Warbirds nose match up to the Tamiya fuselage? I used the RB conversion for my first XIV when the Tamiya kit first came out and the contours were a bit off. Which wasn't a surprise as the RB set was designed for the PCM IX kit. 

Carl

On 1/4/2019 at 5:50 PM, BloorwestSiR said:

Yes! I've wanted to do both of those planes for years. I've got a PCM XIV in the stash for the FRXIV and have been waiting for Iconicair to come out with his XIV conversion for the Tamiya kit to do Violet Dorothy. 

How well does the Warbirds nose match up to the Tamiya fuselage? I used the RB conversion for my first XIV when the Tamiya kit first came out and the contours were a bit off. Which wasn't a surprise as the RB set was designed for the PCM IX kit. 

Carl

well so far so good..looks like it will match up quite well.  cheers

P.S. I was wrong about the fit...doesn't match up to well at all...made my changes and re-cast my own..

Edited by williamj

Got some work done on these two...cast some parts,detailed as well...will have a lot of clean up and smoothing out surfaces to do as well...so pitter patter.

camera ports and cameras next.   Did pick up a great book...has already proved invaluable.

Cheers fer now

2tMa6x.jpg
oUO16S.jpg
VANct5.jpg
UV7bCv.jpg
U2ANwZ.jpg

Edited by williamj