1/32 Fw190A8 from a Fw190A5 boxing

Scale32

Hi guys. I have a friend who wants to build an A8 but only has the A5 boxing. There are some pretty clear differences such as gun cowel and some hatches but are there any other less obvious changes that need to be made.

Any info will be greatly appreciated.

Cheers Bevan 

Hasegawa provides different upper cowls, lower wing inserts, fuselage gun cowls, tail wheels, a wheel bay insert for inner gear doors for the A-5, and a blown canopy for the A-8.

Edited by RBrown

25 minutes ago, Scale32 said:

Hi guys. I have a friend who wants to build an A8 but only has the A5 boxing. There are some pretty clear differences such as gun cowel and some hatches but are there any other less obvious changes that need to be made.

Any info will be greatly appreciated.

Cheers Bevan 

Differences? ... There are plenty!!

I'm assuming here that you're talking about a Hasegawa newer tool kit? ... If so I will also assume that it's being assembled as a buttoned-up display so the main 'differences' are going to be external ...

Rather than provide a list ... Heres a couple of links I've used regularly that show the evolution from the A-0 onward ... Parts 1 & 2.

It's a pretty good basic reference.

Just remember that it's an evolution ... so you can't just compare the A-5 to A-8 ... The changes to the A-6/7 will come into reckoning as well.

http://www.ipmsstockholm.org/magazine/2004/11/stuff_eng_fw190_01.htm

http://www.ipmsstockholm.org/magazine/2004/12/stuff_eng_fw190_02.htm

HTH

Rog :)

Edited by Artful69

Guys, thanks for the quick replys.

RBrown.... hadn't even thought about the gear doors or the wing inserts.

Rog... thanks for those links I'll be sure to pass them on. And yes mate newer tool kits.

Personally much easier to get the right kit it'll save a whole lot of heartache.

Cheers Bevan 

13 minutes ago, Scale32 said:

Rog... thanks for those links I'll be sure to pass them on. And yes mate newer tool kits.

Personally much easier to get the right kit it'll save a whole lot of heartache.

Cheers Bevan 

No worries Bevan ...

I agree ... a straight up A-8 kit would have made life a lot easier ... and they're common enough that pricing can still be pretty low (Ex O/Seas)

Still ... if your friend is keen I suppose anything can happen!!

Rog :)