1/32 Gotha G.I Scratch Build

guitarlute101

Thanks Max!

I've been pouring over the scale drawings, profile drawings and actual pictures for the rear of the upper front fuselage.

Here is the scale drawing and I've circled the area in question...……..

wkQOE0.jpg

It doesn't match up with pictures of the real thing, the real pictures show a gentle, tapered drop off instead of an angled one in the scale drawing to my eye.

QJwzoL.jpgZlLbRa.jpgQLJoQO.jpgaiQVA7.jpg

I'll have to modify the drawings to correct it. Any thoughts?

Thanks,

Mark

Ok, so here are the formers for the front upper fuselage. Extreme care has to be taken to make sure the formers are EXACTLY the same size and are EXACTLY level on the top and sides so everything lines up perfectly so there are no surprises and nothing to fix later on.

HxknBs.jpghud3ZI.jpg

And with the sides.....

DCvkyb.jpg

I think the best option I have for the rear section of the upper front fuselage is to vacuform it. I will work on making the wood part to vacuform over this week.

I also noticed that I should not have opened up the entire cockpit section, DOH!. I will have to put the top back on the back left and right corner areas but that's no big deal.

At this point, I need to do some filling and cleanup with what I have done so far. I also need to order more plastic card!

Thanks for looking in!

Mark

Just a quick update,

The fuselage is primed and everything is smoothed out nicely and I've drilled preliminary holes for the wing attachment points...…………..

QXPgKR.jpg

YCSP1W.jpg

I'll have to add the reinforcing strips later after I've completed the rest of the upper fuselage.

Thanks for looking in,

Mark