LSP_Kevin

20th Anniversary Monthly Raffles!

Howdy folks,

2019 is our 20th Anniversary, and we're running a number of initiatives to celebrate - this includes a series of monthly prize raffles for new build threads started here in the Works in Progress forum! Here's the way it works:

At the end of each month, we'll look back on the previous month, and collate all new build threads started in that month. We're looking for new but active build threads; placeholder build threads, created solely for the purposes of being entered into the draw, will be discarded. All the rest will go into the hat for a random prize draw from one of our generous sponsors and vendors listed below. We can also fudge build threads started on the last day of the month - if they're active for the duration of the following month, then they'll be eligible for that month's draw. This also allows for rubbery time zone issues. There is no requirement to finish the build to be eligible for the draw! Only that it's an active build thread.

Sponsors

Barracuda Studios

RB Productions

Official LSP prize
MDC
Archer Fine Transfers
Silver Wings
Kitlinx
Kinetic/Lucky Model
DN Models

Unless we find ourselves in the enviable position of having more prizes than months, we'll be drawing a single prize for a single winner each month. I'll update this post as and when new information requires it.

If you have any questions, ask away!

Kev

I have a question right off the bat; will the monthly raffle prize be announced at the beginning or end of the month? It seems that announcing it at the start of the month might just provide more incentive for those that are "on the fence". Just thinking out-loud here.

14 minutes ago, LSP_K2 said:

I have a question right off the bat; will the monthly raffle prize be announced at the beginning or end of the month? It seems that announcing it at the start of the month might just provide more incentive for those that are "on the fence". Just thinking out-loud here.

Maybe, but I also don't want folks to start cherry-picking the prizes and waiting for a month where there's a prize they really want. I'd rather it be a lucky-dip style surprise. Plus, the prize pool is still in a state of flux, so I'm not even sure myself!

Kev

Quick question Kev, Do "new builds appearing in Works in Progress that have appeared as WIP's on other well know forums months previous be eligible for the draw?

Regards.Andy 

Darn, I just startet to early with the Swordfish :P Maybe a good reason to do more than one build this year. 

I think this is a nice intiative 

22 hours ago, monthebiff said:

Quick question Kev, Do "new builds appearing in Works in Progress that have appeared as WIP's on other well know forums months previous be eligible for the draw?

Regards.Andy 

The staff is kicking that one around right now. My personal feeling (and it's just my personal feeling) is no, they will not be eligible. Please keep in mind also that just because someone starts a WIP thread here (previously started kit or not) in any given month this year, does not necessarily mean they're doing so in order to be eligible for that months raffle.

Hi Staff,

I have started a new topic for the sequel to my fictional Me 117 Adler from the group build.

Please exclude me from the monthly raffle. I don't want this build to be seen as a reason to be in another raffle.

Edited by Erwin

JANUARY WINNER!

Congratulations to Sir Spendalot, whose Eduard P-47 build was drawn from a hat (so to speak), to win the January Raffle prize: a Silver Wings Yak-9 kit, kindly donated by Silver Wings.

2127-11.jpg

Don't forget that we'll be repeating this raffle every month this year, so if you're thinking about starting a build thread soon, now you have some extra incentive!

Kev