Revell/ AIMS Mistel S3C Wk Nr 460066 Bernburg 1945

monthebiff

That is some truly wonderful work.   Just a random question, that I'm guessing no one has an answer to - if the Ju-88 was going on a one-way mission, would they not have stripped out all the radios and other high-value components out of the cockpit during the conversion process?

26 minutes ago, John1 said:

That is some truly wonderful work.   Just a random question, that I'm guessing no one has an answer to - if the Ju-88 was going on a one-way mission, would they not have stripped out all the radios and other high-value components out of the cockpit during the conversion process?

Probable  not on the training version. The ones on the one way mission did not have cockpits but warheads.

On 11/26/2020 at 1:28 PM, John1 said:

Its definately an interesting question John and after looking at many, many mistel pictures you definately can see some interior still present sometimes but in the end with no photographic evidence of a G10 interior or a G6 for that then we will never know. Interestingly in the wondeful boojk "Captured Eagles " by Roger S Geamperle there is clear evidence these arcraft where flight tested prior to br moved to the Mistel program.

Regards. Andy 

On 11/26/2020 at 1:58 PM, Cheetah11 said:

Probable  not on the training version. The ones on the one way mission did not have cockpits but warheads.

There where a number of Mistel versions with the early versions having the cockpit section removed and replaced with a warhead, Later Mistels kept the cockpit.

Regards. Andy

Some serious progress today with first up getting the fuselage extension glued in place after some careful sanding and trimming

20201128_160652.jpg

20201128_160704.jpg

Than the massive sail of the vertical stabiliser was fitted followed by the equally massive horizontal stabilisers

20201128_161054.jpg

20201128_161207.jpg

Also couldnt resist a quick test fit of the main sub assembies

20201128_162752.jpg

20201128_162818.jpg

Absolutely massive with the fuel tank extension fitted, lots of filling, sanding and scribing coming up!

Regards. Andy

Edited by monthebiff

• 1 year later...

Love it Andy, hope we can finish about the same time. I am not fitting the radar equipment due to no external evidence or need for it plus weight saving. I do however want to make an Mg 131 bin cradle like you have. I have also cut down my pilots backrest as per photos of G-1 and 6s. Best wishes and great work, J

Edited by Pastor John

• 1 year later...
On 4/1/2023 at 6:17 PM, Jager said:

Did this one ever get finished? 

Jager 

Living on Tulsa Time

No this one is still on the to finish pile or what I would like to call the SOD. Have some issues with the fuselage extension and cockpit glazing. I'm slowly working through my started builds so will be getting back to this and also want to get a 190 fitted as well for the full Mistel combination.

Regards. Andy 

• 1 month later...
On 4/2/2023 at 2:02 PM, monthebiff said:

No this one is still on the to finish pile or what I would like to call the SOD. Have some issues with the fuselage extension and cockpit glazing. I'm slowly working through my started builds so will be getting back to this and also want to get a 190 fitted as well for the full Mistel combination.

Regards. Andy 

I don't know what issues you are having with the cockpit canopy but Aerocraft Models offers a very nice replacement part. The canopies Alistair has, comes in armored and unarmored versions depending on your ship-build. 

Jager

Living on Tulsa Time

Edited by Jager
spelling

7 hours ago, Jager said:

I don't know what issues you are having with the cockpit canopy but Aerocraft Models offers a very nice replacement part. The canopies Alistair has, comes in armored and unarmored versions depending on your ship-build. 

Jager

Living on Tulsa Time

Thanks for that jagger as I didn't realise these where available! I botched my vac canopy on this one so the resin replacement will work nicely. Will be getting one of these ordered as well as one for.my C-6 conversion.

Regards. Andy