Revell/ AIMS Mistel S3C Wk Nr 460066 Bernburg 1945

monthebiff

On 5/15/2019 at 9:29 PM, monthebiff said:

Feel like I'm cheating bit with these Eduard pre printed items as I dont usually go for them

I know what you mean Andy and I'd feel exactly the same BUT.........they look damned good!!! :)

On 5/16/2019 at 12:18 AM, chrish said:

Very intricate and detailed work and with that huge glass house canopy you’ll see it all!...orrrr most of it anyway. Great work!

Thank you Chris, Should see quite a bit of it even with a 190 sat above it!

Regards. Andy

On 5/16/2019 at 2:54 AM, clarkis said:

does anyone know if the Mistel Ju-88s had a complete cockpit? radios? pilot seat, etc.?:huh: 

From what I understand the few G-10's that were built at the Junkers factory at Burnberg complted their test flights as bombers before being hastily moved over to the Mistel programme so I would expect the cockpit to be pretty well complete. With no cockpit pictures of G-10's available we will never know though but if you carfully study Mistel 2 photo's you can sometimes see the shape of the seats particularly the Bordfunkers seat.

Regards. Andy

1 hour ago, mozart said:

I know what you mean Andy and I'd feel exactly the same BUT.........they look damned good!!! :)

Yes they do, I have a set for a Me-163 and 262 which look equally good. Tamiya german grey is a pretty good match and then unser a flat coat they come together quite well!

Regards. Andy

So a good day at the bench yesteday and have the cockpit components complete now with seats and  belts fitted followed by a flat coat before closing things up.

20190518_163807.jpg

20190518_164303.jpg

20190518_172127.jpg

20190518_172156.jpg

20190518_172244.jpg

All test fitted so far as I need to test fit the owerfloor and spine before the glue goes on to ensure everything is nice and square.

Regards. Andy

On 5/19/2019 at 3:38 PM, kkarlsen said:

Very nice 'office'

Cheers: Kent

Thank you Kent, will be keeping this one clean assuming just a shake down flight after being rolled off the production line.

Regards. Andy

After finding out that John has just retired his vac mould tool for the lower floor and completely re-vamped his G-6 set I ordered 3 new resin parts from the new set to try and help with this build. Very happy with what I recieved.

20190507-115428-0.jpg

and the old vac floor

20190101-115519.jpg

Very heavy panel lines so this is now in the bin now I have the new resin parts. However the new floor needs a little work for it to fit as I was quite a way in to the cockpit build before this update was released. Also I need the foward wing spar in place as a Fw-190 will be sitting above.

20190507-115639.jpg

The new resin lower nose piece to replace the clear kit is really good but once again I need to cut this to fit my build as I am to far on to use it as is but still a usefull part for e on my build.

20190521_161430.jpg

Also made a start on the engine nacelles as I was feeling the need to make a mess and cut and build some nice big chunky parts! Its only three parts but needed lots of time due to trim, test fit, hot water, adjust. hot water, adjust ...........

20190523_204535.jpg

and took quite some time to get to this point.

20190523_204611.jpg

and once taked together with cyno I added epoxy resin internally to give strength to the assembly to stop it falling apart.

20190523_210527.jpg

and a quick test fit of the assembly to the wing.

20190523_205945.jpg

Minimal filling required on the main joint and ery happy with progress today, Port side nacelle next as well as cutting the foward cockpit floor to fit

Regards. Andy