Revell/ AIMS Mistel S3C Wk Nr 460066 Bernburg 1945

monthebiff

I've been looking fowad to this group build since it was announced but deciding what to build took a little while, going through the stash I decided to think a little out of the box and squeeze a both a twin and single engined aircraft in to this one in the shape of a Mistel S3C combination. Really like the look of the super long fuselage of the Ju88 G-10 so I'm ready to go.

20190101-104613.jpg

Will probably change the F-8 for a A-8 but need to track a Hasegawa kit down first but I do have a year for this one! The AIMS conversion is really nice withe a large bag of resin including new engines, fuselage extension etc all nicely cast in light grey resin.

20190101-115616.jpg

Vac formed lower fuselage insert and canopy.

20190101-115519.jpg

20190101-115526.jpg

A large etch set and soome nice re-enforced white metal struts to hold the Fw 190 in place.

20190101-115655.jpg

20190101-115450.jpg

Wishing a Happy and Prosperous New Year to you all.

Regards. Andy

On 1/1/2019 at 11:48 PM, Jan_G said:

that is really great and big project Andy! will follow with greatest interest :speak_cool:

jan

Big and with that fuselage extension super long as well Jan!

Regards. Andy

On 1/4/2019 at 1:39 AM, Daniel460 said:

Kool choice Andy! :thumbsup:

It's on my bucket list. :D

Dan

I've been wanting to bring a Mistel combination together for ages, not a lot of info on the G-10 though but ready to get stuck in now.

Regards. Andy

On 1/4/2019 at 5:27 AM, LSP_Ray said:

Nice! I have the pointy-nose version of the Ju88 for this conversion and briefly thought about going that route but decided it was too complicated. Will enjoy following along.

So many cool Ju-88 convsersions available from AIMS but so little room on the shelves........and the base kit is getting scarece now also.

Regards. Andy

So this is what I'm going for, hopefully I can get somewhere close.

untitled.png

Of interest are the fully open landing gear bay doors so I have ordered the Profimodeller set as a lot of extra detal can be added to this massive area which will be on show, also I would like to try and depict the anodised metal work seen in thest area's rather than just going with RLM 02. Below are shots taken last year of Cosford's Ju-88 with no gear doors on after being moved.

20170402-131025-1.jpg

20170402_131028.jpg

Regards. Andy

I find the history and the design of the Mistel fascinating.  The Ju-88 is my favorite German twin engine ac too.

I am so glad that you are building this conversion.  I want to build one too but this large "contraption" would never be allowed in the house.

Good luck and have fun always,

Rick

Edited by Rick Griewski
Bad spelling per usual