Hasegawa Ju87G Kanonenvogel - vacuforming done!!

BiggTim

In the spirit of the 20th anniversary celebrations, I'll kick off the year with this kit for January. I may not FINISH it this month, but I'll give her a go. I may be nuts trying to do this at the same time as a P-38 for the GB, but WTH, right? I had planned to do this opened up with the resin engine, so I cut it all apart last year, then decided not to do that. So I sold the engine and glued the cowl back together, as you can see in the test fit.

20190101-131520.jpg

20190101-131459.jpg

20190101-131422.jpg

Here we go!

Tim

Edited by BiggTim

8 minutes ago, LSP_Kevin said:

Nice one, Tim! You don't have to finish the build this month to be eligible for the raffle. Starting it is enough!

Kev

I know, Kev, but I'd like to take part in a few monthly drawings, and I don't want too many builds going at the same time, so that's my incentive to get stuff done!!

1 hour ago, LSP_Kevin said:

You don't have to finish the build this month to be eligible for the raffle. Starting it is enough!

So when is the drawing ?  When does it have to be finished ?

azOGqRE.jpg

3 minutes ago, MikeMaben said:

So when is the drawing ?  When does it have to be finished ?

azOGqRE.jpg

The drawing will be at the end of the month, or the start of the next month (depending on timing). Everybody who starts an active build in the current month goes into the draw. Finishing is not part of the equation.

Kev

On ‎1‎/‎1‎/‎2019 at 11:15 PM, BiggTim said:

I haven't decided on the markings, yet, but leaning toward a winter scheme, as I haven't done one of those, yet. Any suggestions?

I'm watching this with great interest - especially anticipating your choice of markings. Harking back to Gaz's recent poll, here's an example of trying to avoid the most obvious choice - Rudel's airframe!!   So, for me, anything but     < - + -     !  

Winter markings sound very promising. Lots of potential for weathering and general scruffiness.

Go Tim!

Made s bit of progress on this, decided to start with the hard bits. And boy, were they hard!! I am using the brass gun barrels and sights from Master, and I have never seen anything so tiny in my life! Not only am I befuddled at how anything that small can be machined, but assembly is right bear for this big hamfisted bear whose eyesight has taken a nose dive these last couple of years. The little posts with the beads on them are literally the size of a needle point, as you can see one of them inside a PE seatbelt buckle for scale!! I combined the brass Master parts with the resin gun and shroud from the Aries cockpit set, but I used copper wire and some plastic to scratch the sight arms, as the PE sights from Aries don't look good (because they are flat PE), and the kit part is ridiculously out of scale. End result isn't bad, but is mighty dainty, so I packed it in a small sauce cup with a gob of rubber eraser I keep around for such things. Whew! Now on to the gun pods.....

20190105-125935.jpg

20190105-132023.jpg

20190105-132035.jpg

20190105-132517.jpg

Tim