"The Star of Africa" - Hans-Joachim Marseille's Do-335 A-2/Trop - Yellow 14 - FINISHED!

Out2gtcha

Thanks again boys. I'll take a close up of the demark line to give you guys a better idea of the shading. 

It looks like a harder demark from a distance, but is decently feathered when seen up close.

Here is where I'm up to at this point.....

I was not satisfied with the spacing of the spots on my test bed spot painting experiment, nor the overall shape of the spots. The test bed came out more like a Japanese "puzzle" looking camo vs the less jagged spots in the leapard spot camo.

I was happy however with the overall hand sprayed look of the spots, and the test confirmed to me that hand spraying was the way to go.

I figured out a way to rectify the spacing and shape all at once, albeit a bit unconventional.

I went to the local Hobby Lobby (US arts and craft  store) and picked up these:

20190309_162119-XL.jpg

Round baseball, basketball and general office type stickers.

Ok, stick with me on this one......its gets a bit weird.

So, I figured that it would be way easier to figure out the spacing I wanted, and move these around VS having to just wing it.

I de-tact each sticker on my wrist before application and set about applying them in a random, but evenly spaced pattern.

Strangest looking camo EVER!

20190309_172751-XL.jpg

20190309_172715-XL.jpg

Weird I know...........

The next step I took was to use a dark green colored pencil, fairly close to RLM 80 and very lightly traced each circle:

20190309_200640-XL.jpg

The next step was to make randomly shaped camo spots (generally) inside the circles and then use a moistened cotton bud to remove the circle:

20190309_200650-XL.jpg

As you can see, even with a good de-tack on the stickers, some still pulled up a tiny bit of paint here and there.

Fortunately, wherever I found a spot like that, with some judicious planning I just formed a spot right over the pulled up paint, after some 6000 grit polishing of the spot.

20190309_194314-XL.jpg

20190309_194310-XL.jpg

Im much happier with the spacing and general shape of the spots. Should get working on the spots today.

Cheers!