"The Star of Africa" - Hans-Joachim Marseille's Do-335 A-2/Trop - Yellow 14 - FINISHED!

Out2gtcha

Thanks boys. Its growing on me a tad......

I think I need to vary the size of the spots on the wings more (some smaller than I drew them) and it also needs some weathering and markings to break all that up too.

Thanks boys!    Its growing on me now that I have implemented the execution of the full scheme.  I wanted to try to replicate the way some German mottling looked, with consistently larger mottles in some areas and varying sized mottles in others.

I didn't really love the look with the consistently sized mottles on the fuselage, but it was all part of the plan, so I forged on, hoping Id like it more when fully done.

I broke out the airbrush again last night and finished off the RLM 80 mottles on the wings. The wings have a closer pattern to the real deal, with smaller and larger mottles mixed in on the wings to break up the pattern, and give it a bit more of a random, but still even look. I also removed the masking on the fuselage white stripe as well to see better how things looked.

Im much happier overall with the scheme now:

20190313_192843-XL.jpg

20190313_192821-XL.jpg

20190313_193610-XL.jpg

20190313_194034-XL.jpg

I've got most of the markings made in my Silhouette cutter program including the crosses (made those before I purchased the Maketar set) but will use most of the markings from the Maketar set, since it was designed for the model, and already sized correctly.

Thanks to our own Mark (Mark31) I also now have the JG 27 decals too. Other than the crosses, unit markings, swords and oak leaves w/ victory marks, and swastikas, I still need to make the yellow 14, as well as the "Otto" for the port side cockpit fuselage. 

Im working from home today, so Im hoping I can get a start on those, and start adding the markings tomorrow. 

Cheers!