"The Star of Africa" - Hans-Joachim Marseille's Do-335 A-2/Trop - Yellow 14 - FINISHED!

Out2gtcha

Thanks Ray. Oh yeah, they are ready to go with the exception of the small stainless cut tubes that go on the opposite wings to the guided wire spools.

I'm close on this one.....I think I just need a good solid day or two at the bench and can finish her up.

Im real close now gents. The next update after this one will likely be the FIN!

I finished up the umbrella. This is just piano wire, for each segment, augmented with two styrene disks attached to each wire for angle adjustment. Looks better in person than in pics (as most of this build seems to). Weathering and highlighting doesn't show up in pics either, but it is there:

20190428_140740-XL.jpg

20190428_140748-XL.jpg

Next up was a trial fit of how the Eduard wheels and tires are going to look, along with finalizing some flat coat on some touchups I made:

20190430_183851-XL.jpg

20190430_183954-XL.jpg

20190430_183909-XL.jpg

20190430_183923-XL.jpg

Thats it for what is likely the final update on this build before completion!   Ive gotten the majority of the main landing gear doors on, save the inner doors (will have the gear doors fully completed tonight) then its really down to gluing on the wheels, cutting some stainless steel tubing for the X-4 missiles, hang those, attaching the canopy and canopy restraint, then Fug 25a radar dipole, pitot tube and finally add the radio antenna w/ spring and ceramic insulator/cone  and props and were done! 

Thanks to all for following along! 

5 minutes ago, spacewolf said:

Looking really good ! It looks very believable and worn.. with the rockets  it's gonna be a nasty looking machine ! From years of working on aircraft as a tech I can say, to my eye you got it just about right.

:popcorn:

Thanks Vaughn!  Means a lot coming from you, as I have always enjoyed (and currently enjoy with Jedha city!) how much effort, detail and realism you put into your creations. 

Thanks Shawn. Yes, VERY close now! Got the gear doors on:

20190501_140400-XL.jpg

20190501_140234-XL.jpg

20190501_140146-XL.jpg

20190501_140155-XL.jpg

Also got the .06 stainless steal tubing cut and the X-4 missiles finished off:

20190501_151937-XL.jpg

20190501_151916-XL.jpg

With those finished and with their pins installed, I could place them to see how they would eventually look in their final positions:

20190502_074524-XL.jpg

20190502_074358-XL.jpg

20190502_074434-XL.jpg

20190502_074401-XL.jpg

I just got done gluing the wheels/tires on, and am letting those cure off while I finalize the radio antenna attachment points.

Its all down to this:

- attach X-4 missiles

- scrap flat spots on tires and confirm level

- attach wheels/tires

- straighten and re-align pylons/re-glue if necessary

- attach cowl

- attach flaps

- attach ailerons

- attach rudders

- re-attach starboard side arm rest / touchup

- dye white EZ Line silver for canopy restraint wire

- make canopy side canopy restraint attachment

- attach canopy and paint hinges

- attach canopy restraint wire

- make radio antenna cone

- make radio antenna vertical stab attachment w/spring

- make radio antenna w/ceramic insulator

- attach radio antenna

- attach props

- attach umbrella

All for now boys.................the next update will definitely be the FIN! 

I keep forgetting to check out the group build section and then I end up missing out on great builds like yours.  Really nice work all around and I really like seeing markings done with the Silhouette.  You might have mentioned it but are you using a draw program to make the designs?  I find the trace feature works well on larger stuff but I haven't been able to get the small details down with it.  I'm thinking I need to invest in a draw program for this.

Bryan