Short Sunderland MkII

tomprobert

On 8/12/2021 at 6:58 PM, Archimedes said:

Hi Tom

Impressive work on the cowlings.  Nicely done.  Looking forward to seeing how you do the engines if no HK alternative appears.

Well done!

Best regards,

Paul

Thanks, Paul - the HK parts I have are going to be fine as far as my initial fiddling has shown. Nothing worth photographing yet, but I'll shoot some pictures when there's something worth reporting.

All the best,

Tom

9 hours ago, scvrobeson said:

Excellent ingenuity Tom!

Guess having that massive spares pile can come in handy some times. At least that's what I tell myself.

Matt 

Absolutely! If I ever have any spare parts left over from a kit I always keep them as you never know when they’ll come in handy. I have an old Revell 1/32 He-111 box and Trumpy 1/32 F-18 box crammed full of parts and I’m always dipping into them to scrounge bits for builds such as this. 

Never throw anything away!

5 hours ago, Kenneth Joy said:

C'mon, we need an update!!! This thing is epic.  I check in everyday hoping for some pictures...sometimes twice:popcorn:

Sorry... very little progress to report as we’ve all been wiped out by a sickness bug. We think my 1 year old picked it up at a baby group and it’s progressively worked it’s way through the rest of us. I was wiped out for 2 days and since recovering have been nursing the wife and looking after my daughters so modelling has taken a backward step. 

We’re all recovered now though but are away next week on a short break so will get back to it as soon as I’m back!

All the best,

Tom