ZM He 219 'Uhu'

scott_t

Hi,

I just picked up the ZM Uhu (He 219) just before Christmas. I also got the HGW seatbelts and the Barracuda Wheels.

I have the Eduard cockpit set on the way and will use at least some of those parts. I also have a set of Eaglecals decals coming for an all back scheme on the underside.

I may change my mind on the markings as I go along.

My first German aircraft and as such, I don't have any RLM colors on hand, so ...... have some MRP paints ordered for the RLM 02 and exterior colors.

I think I'll start with assembling the engines this week.

Starting the action with the obligatory 'box shot' and extras.

Thanks for looking !

Scott

Wze56S.jpg

Edited by scott_t

Been working a few hours on Engine #1 ..... a lot of parts, some cleanup required.... fit so far is good.

I actually am enjoying working on a kit where I don't know much about the actual aircraft ......takes some of the worry out of the details

and makes it a more care-free build (so far).

Have a few more parts on this to go ....some components will remain off until painting is completed on them ....and have another engine to work on.

pXuFWZ.jpg

OB1lQm.jpg

3SX8kA.jpg

Thanks for looking !

-Scott

A beautiful aeroplane, and there has been some excellent builds on LSP to look at, though possibly more of the Revell kit? Enjoy your carefree build Scott, you'll love the MRP paints when you get to use them.