Kitty Hawk Dassault Mirage 2000 D/N

Jan_G

Lovely!!! I cant wait for the 2K 2 holer! :lol:

8 hours ago, jgrease said:

My only question is how many segments will the fuselage be made up of? I'm going to guess anywhere from 6-8.

Having built a few KHM demo kits, I can say they definitely have improved with  each release. 

Hopefully this one will follow suite with how their T-28 went together, which is quite well actually. Still quite a few head scratchers engineering wise, but I can overlook those, as long ss its decently accurate and fits well.

9 hours ago, Out2gtcha said:

Having built a few KHM demo kits, I can say they definitely have improved with  each release. 

Hopefully this one will follow suite with how their T-28 went together, which is quite well actually. Still quite a few head scratchers engineering wise, but I can overlook those, as long ss its decently accurate and fits well.

I would have forgotten all of my bad experiences with their previous kit in order to get a nice F-5 in 1/32, and then they left out the intakes. SMH. If I'm spending that kind of cash for a kit, it should at least be complete.

Well, If their research and the result is as accurate as their box art is**, one can be quite concerned by the result.... But wait and see the real thing before shouting. And I will probably get several of them anyway.

** M2KD is not equipped with MICA AA missiles....yet. they will be after the mid life upgrade but that will not be on ventral positions. Self defense AA missiles are only fitted on external wing points. It also does not have a black nose (the second plane on the back ground) but maybe they will upgrade to show a real 2KN on a final version.

One can argue that it's only a box art but box art is the first thing you see of a new kit and it is also part of the brand image to have nice and accurate boxarts, expecially when this box art reads "...precision model.."

Anyway great to see a 1/32 kit of the 2K in single and dual seater.

Edited by discus

I'd love a quality kit of the -2000 in 1/32, but KH has routinely disappointed me for the last couple years. I gave their 1/48 Su-34 a chance, and it wasn't even fun to work on. Prior to that, the F-86 fought me and won about halfway through after the cockpit came together fabulously and I reached the assembly of the fuselage which refused to mate up properly. I just can't...