Bf 110D-3 III./ZG26 North Africa/Sicily

wmoran

This is my first try at posting a link to a photo (hosted on Imgur.com).  Hope it works.

2Pe0tR7.jpg

I got a little early start on the GB and did some work on the cockpit parts this weekend.  I will post photos of that work soon.  I am having to use my phone to take the pics because my good camera is on the fritz.

• 2 weeks later...

Here are some photos to show that I have been getting a little accomplished.  I've also managed to lose several parts on this kit.  First was the throttle console which flew off into oblivion when I was trying to bend the Eduard PE part to match its contours.  I am working on my second scratch-built replacement.  On this one, I think I will just use a paint marker to mark the grooves for the throttles, etc.  Scribing the grooves didn't work very well the first time.  I still have the Eduard PE pieces, but other than the levers, I am going to forego the PE for the throttle and use some Airscale placard decals and scratch-built details.  The other part I lost was one of the MG17s.  I have no idea what happened to it, but Shawn M (and Max, aka Mozart) offered to send me a replacement that he wasn't using.

Sorry for the lousy photos.  I have been having to use my phone to take the pictures because my good camera is on the fritz.  My lighting is a little bad because one of my light stands is out of commission.  Thankfully, I do not have a dead cat, as his chewing is what put the light stand out of commission.

wxAulyt.jpg

The seat harnesses are HGW, some from a set for a 2-seat Ar 234, and some from spares from other builds.

RuGJ5Jm.jpg

lrZjOxo.jpg

KgsTJbM.jpg

IOb89sr.jpg

GzJYqRq.jpg

I've also got the instrument panel done, but the photo is so out-of-focus that I'm not going to post it.

Hope to have more to show soon.

Bill

That's all coming along very well Bill, despite your (self inflicted!!) trials and tribulations! :) To save yourself further angst, take care when building up the undercarriage - check out Shawn's recent experiences for a cautionary tale. Looking forward to more build reports.