Hong Kong Models B-25J bomber 'Peggy Lou'

Thomas Lund

• 1 month later...

Hi guys

A little done, some pics will follow.

However I bought these

https://www.super-hobby.dk/products/USAAF-Pilots-1941-1945.html#gallery_start

And they are VERY nice - nice detail etc etc.

However out of a reflex I started painting them Khaki, but is that the correct color?? Instructions says pale green, which I think sounds strange.

For a Corsican B-25 if that makes any difference...

• 2 weeks later...

FINALLY finished with the cockpit (except for a matt coat and the control columns). Added seats from milliput, eduard photo etch for the general cockpit and 'corrected seats' as well as seat belts.

pZQeLPU.jpg

pZQeLPU.jpg

I repainted the fuselage interior in a color i liked more, washed it and highlighted the frames. Now I need to add ammo boxes and belts and a little more before I can close it up. Will be a big day

v01Ccnd.jpg

Edited by Thomas Lund

not sure how I missed this build?

loved all the PE madness, although I think most of the bits you added actually add value rather than being "PE for the sake of PE" (Eduard company motto!)

the interior colour is interesting...I am not sure what the colour *should* have been - I don't know much about the Mitchell (I'll only get interested when I can build a Mitchell that served in RAF ie no tail turret, dorsal turret further back etc etc) - but the original colour you used looked very light, and the one here, well, looks awfully dark!

have bookmarked this build 

thank you very much for sharing

Nick

Hi Nick

With regards to the color - What I understod was Bronze green in the cockpit and interior green elsewhere. The 'elsewhere' picture is quite a bit darker than in real life...

I can see that I accidentally put up the wrong second picture of the cockpit. Yes it was etch galore - actually a bit too much, but I couldn't turn back :-)

tHRlM8n.jpg

Ok... I'm a mechanical engineer and whenever the bosses realize we have a problem... we don't... we have a challenge

I have a challenge

LXNilS4.jpg

He he, but I guess I knew that, but kept repressing the fact :-)

Anyway, I've been sorting out a lot of stuff - working on the nose section, gear legs etc etc

qPUUIuZ.jpg

N3fEyOV.jpg

• 2 months later...

Ok, I've decided I'm done with the interior now. I could have added more, but I've had enough.

ySkqssb.jpg

So finally it's closed up - wings are only clicked on, but the fit is great so I think I'll keep it that way, especially considering my display cabinet 'challenge'. Most of the other bits are done so a little assembly left, some cleanup and then it's painting time :-)

T8F4KvR.jpg