Hong Kong Models B-25J bomber 'Peggy Lou'

Thomas Lund

Thanks guys, very nice of you

I did manage to get the interior ribbing almost done before I had to go on another business trip (believe me - it sucks to travel that much) but will be back soon and hope to limit the traveling to 3 days more until august... I cannot wait to get back to the man-cave and B-25 building !!!

• 4 weeks later...

Now... I know I've been talking a lot about traveling lately... I've completed the last trip until august, so now it's (fingers crossed) home time until august.

I've completed my man cave and tonight was the first building night there - sooooo great.

So tonight was 'moving in party'

AGGcIIG.jpg

Finished the framework indside

RlUxvSF.jpg

Got some paint on it - interior green with some mucking up

2bIEmAa.jpg

Also put some ZCG on the wheel wells  and engine nacelles

JFcx4St.jpg

One question... my friends are laughing at me - I have a bad habit of getting ahead of the instructions (who needs those) - and so I assembled the engines and the assembled the nacelles but it seems it needed to put exhausts on then engines, install them and THEN put the nacelle parts on that contain the exhaust covers... well I have assembled the nacelles without adding the exhausts, so my question is - can anyone show me how the exhaustans are supposed to be inside the nacelles ? I plan to put them in without installing the engine, but I need a pointer to correct installation...

Edited by Thomas Lund

3 hours ago, BloorwestSiR said:

Hope these pics help you out Thomas. 

IMG_20190420_172014-L.jpg

IMG_20190420_171939-L.jpg

IMG_20190420_171927-L.jpg

You could probably just insert the ends of the exhausts from the outside if you're not too worried. 

Carl

Brilliant, buy that man a Guiness...or whatever whiskey Thomas is having :beer4:

On 1/26/2019 at 8:01 AM, Thomas Lund said:

Ok - finally got a little done yesterday. Focusing on putting in all the PE that needs priming and painting. Perhaps a bit hard to see, but a lot of work here.

Also washed the engines. Still need some flat varnish and attachement of exhausts that I left off since I suppose they are best weathered alone.

I can see from the other B-25 threads that the prop is no good, so that will be something more I need to get along with some master barrels. But I am still torn with regards to the gear legs... I think the legs seem sturdy, at least the main legs. Kent said he drilled it out (how far down ??) and I am summoning the courage to do that... I am not a big fan of those metal legs since I think they often look worse than the kit parts. Still thinking

EforABp.jpg

MaXnkcu.jpg

6XRIrln.jpg

So who does a corrected prop for the HK B-25’s then?  Nice work so far on this build Thomas!

Edited by Michael931080

25 minutes ago, Michael931080 said:

So who does a corrected prop for the HK B-25’s then?  Nice work so far on this build Thomas!

AMS resin does but I havent been able to find them in the EU. But take a look at the thread in this GB with the 'Vestal Virgin' - there you have some sketches about what to do to these blades - doesn't seem to bad... I'll be going that way

22 hours ago, dmthamade said:

That's a crazy amount of work you've done on the interior!!. Have to ask, how do you cut the horizontal ribs, one at a time, or do you cut a batch all at once?

Don

Yes, vertical ribs from T-profiles and hoizontal from thin strip, cut to length, usually 5-6 at a time - same area, same length

I can see that I put up the wrong image of the finished framework. I need to make a floor for the rear cabin - working on that right now

25O3JLx.jpg