Aeromarine 75/Curtiss F-5-L (Finished)

kkarlsen

I've been 'hunting' for some fitting figures for the 1920's theme for quite a while now.

To me It's important to get the right figures for my builds,  almost as important as the kit itself.

I've decided to use some of Copper State Models very nice RFC pilot's for the flying crew.

jUztWDj.jpg

The standing pilot is OOB, but I've done some modifications to the sitting pilot.

9HKTR6F.jpg

I think they correspond OK with these guy's...

But the passengers, were a tough one. There's a lot of WW2 civilian figures around, in 1/35 scale. I probably would have been able to live with the size issue, but I imagine

it would have been a massive undertaking, converting them into 1920's flapper's and the like. Anyway I finally caught a break when I came across these Preiser train figures:

peK9YTb.jpg

They are almost perfect for the Aeromarine build, perhaps a little on the 'old' side, but nothing that is easily 'fixed'. And they are 1/32 scale!

GboWGUM.jpg

The sprues in white styrene, just like the good old 'multipose' figures from Airfix. There's even a guy with a 'boater' hat.

RbbLon7.jpg

It's almost too good to be true, many of the figures are fitting the seats right away and they are even looking out the window!

The standing 'conductor' is almost an exact match to the guy in the middle of this photo...

24Bcku0.jpg

Sorry about the excitement, but I just had to share this amazing find with you!

Cheers: Kent

Edited by kkarlsen

22 minutes ago, airscale said:

I love watching what you do Kent - this build is already hyper-special and those figures just add something completely unique

wonderful

Peter

Thank you Peter, the atmosphere in these photo's from the 'roaring twenties' is just irresistible.

I really hope I'm able to to transfer that atmosphere into this build...

Cheers: Kent

Dear Kent

Your last post made me giggle when I was thinking of the amount of cursing I heard this weekend at the figure painting workshop :D ( just joking )

I think the Preisler figures look absolutely perfect and the Cooper state reeeeally nice. It will be good !