Aeromarine 75/Curtiss F-5-L (Finished)

kkarlsen

On 5/28/2019 at 5:44 AM, Robthepom said:

Superb modelling Kent, and thanks for the great information you provide in this thread, your reference photos are brilliant

Thank you Rob, I just need the photos, 1) Being able to do this build at all. 2) Keep up my motivation, although I need a brake from it, once in a while  :mental:

Cheers: Kent

On 5/28/2019 at 10:07 AM, dodgem37 said:

Nice find.  You are so creative with your builds.  It's always a pleasure to peek in to see what's new.

Thank you Mark. appreciate it. I'm struggling a bit with the motivation at the moment.

An update on the Aeromarine build...

owXtNvz.jpg

Have been working on the piping for the fuel tanks. Some free styling was needed to squeeze everything beneath the cockpit construction, well most of it won't be

visible anyways...

Also been spending some time, actually a lot of time, finding appropriate fonts for the decals/texting for the Aeromarine.

What I thought would be easy, turned out to be a bit of a nuisance. I've literally been trawling through font pages to find  

text's similar to the ones on the old Aeromarine photos...

KAYQVU7.jpg

I had to give up on the 'KEY WEST - HAVANA' text and cleaned it up in photoshop instead. The decals have been scaling to get a proper fit.

sreeNoL.jpg

Rear fuslage.

82mxHm8.jpg

Front fuselage.

OUccF9s.jpg

Just need to seal off the decals with future...

Thanks for looking in: Kent

2 hours ago, Dukie99 said:

Kent, I will make myself a Mojito and pretend I got to Cuba for the week-end on the wings of your creation.

Niiiice. Perhaps a Cuba Libre too, just for the occation  :P

Come Fly with me...

Sorry I just couldn't resist...

Edited by kkarlsen

1 hour ago, GDW said:

Really enjoying this incredible thread. Beautiful work! I this project should be another addition to the KLP Publications line up. 

I think this might be a little esoteric, even for us! However, I'll let you in on a secret: we'll be starting work on a book featuring Kent's two Arado builds soon.

Kev