1:24 P-47 Razorback

LSP_K2

4 hours ago, Eagle Driver said:

Man, this think is really huge! :blink:

Indeed it is and I love it.

1 hour ago, Out2gtcha said:

That is a monster! 

I'm becoming a big fan (no pun intended) of these big kits. I'm probably gong to chase down another G and D-9, one of these days.

• 2 weeks later...

I made a start on the Bubbletop version of this kit. I'm really glad that someone else is taking one on at the same time!

I've started with the engine, ducting and cowling. Inaccuracies all over shop. The engineering is so solid that I had to question myself quite heavily. Kinetic (well...Vintage) appear absolutely CERTAIN that the engine should be built wonky. :)

On 1/3/2019 at 4:28 AM, zerosystem said:

Those are part of it, but the other is the engineering for what looked like "moveable" gear.  Other parts just seemed like they weren't engineered enough or were just left unfinished like the tail wheel mounting.  Everything else seemed to go back to the original VFS kit. 

Most of the engine accessory compartment can be left out but trying to mount the engine in in the rings and then attach the cowling was a frustrating process.

I apologize for the low light in the shots. One of these days I'll get some good photos submitted for the gallery. 

302A1902.jpg

302A1900.jpg

just to avoid in your build..., in these pics the armament door panels are put on the wrong(opposite) way,the should be attached on the other-back-side of the well and looking forward 'don t know if it s due to wrong instructions or the builder s carelessnes

On 1/9/2019 at 3:35 AM, LSP_K2 said:

It's rather odd, even though I know the bands were always removed before attaching the bombs to the aircraft, I really have no idea what they were actually for, just that they were used during shipping of the bombs. As to the Zotz sheet (24002, I assume), I might be able to use some parts, not real sure yet. What scheme from the sheet have you chosen?

simply to avoid wear and any kind of damage to the bombs and also to be able to roll for moving them

On 2/14/2019 at 1:41 PM, hayaman said:

just to avoid in your build..., in these pics the armament door panels are put on the wrong(opposite) way,the should be attached on the other-back-side of the well and looking forward 'don t know if it s due to wrong instructions or the builder s carelessnes

Carelessness might be the wrong term but yes, it was lack of oversight on my part in a rush to fix for a show and not having the reference material on hand. 

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 3 years later...
  • 11 months later...