1:24 P-47 Razorback

LSP_K2

Now we’re getting somewhere. This photo fairly clearly shows the areas in the vicinity of the shipping bands, in perfect alignment with the bombs’ lifting lugs. Using this arrangement, the center lug is also protected from damage. I believe we may have cracked this case, Ray.

dEz13I.png

These two books are turning out to be invaluable; the Pacific one in particular, as it has very clear images of the 4.5" rockets, as well as specific evidence, that at least in some cases, bomb shipping bands were pressed into service as cradles for the bomb carts used to match the pylon angle for bomb loading.

QfEN7J.jpg

Another oddity popped up in one of the books. In a photo of the 'pit area of one particular Jug, with very clear kill mark annotations, is at least one Me 209. This seems highly suspect. Could be a mis-identification, lack of familiarity of the specific subject actually destroyed, or who knows what. Interesting though, either way.

3 minutes ago, LSP_K2 said:

Another oddity popped up in one of the books. In a photo of the 'pit area of one particular Jug, with very clear kill mark annotations, is at least one Me 209. This seems highly suspect. Could be a mis-identification, lack of familiarity of the specific subject actually destroyed, or who knows what. Interesting though, either way.

Apparently there are many cases of Arado 68 trainers being claimed as 109's seen on gun camera footage.  All I can guess is that when the guns were firing, the pilots were getting the 5hit shook out of them.  Every nation had misclaims like that.  I wouldn't put any faith in the 209 claim.  Coulda been an FW200C for all we know.

Gaz

On 1/2/2019 at 8:28 PM, zerosystem said:

I apologize for the low light in the shots. One of these days I'll get some good photos submitted for the gallery.

Yes, please do. It really looks quite nice.

• 3 weeks later...
4 hours ago, Out2gtcha said:

Looks great Kev!   Can you drill out the shallow fronts of the Bazooka  tubes? 

No, not really. They're molded as sort of half rounds, with a separate piece that attaches to the front and rear that contains the full roundness of the tubes. Any attempt to drill through the front or rear will just open the cavity between all three tubes.