1:24 P-47 Razorback

LSP_K2

52 minutes ago, zerosystem said:

Watch out for the landing gear and engine alignment aspects. 

I've already noticed that the instructions are quite vague, which may be only the beginning of the problems with this kit, though generally it's a very impressive model, at least size-wise. I bookmarked an excellent example of the built model, from Mike Benolkin, to help study certain areas of the kit, determining what and what not to do, hopefully.

59 minutes ago, LSP_Ray said:

What's the link to the article, Kev? I got three of these suckers to build. 

Am watching! :popcorn:

Here you go, my friend. It's the most complete of the lot (from what I've seen), showing some actual work in progress, and offering what I think are some good tips as well.

25 minutes ago, Mark P said:

Kit decals or going the aftermarket route? :popcorn:

Mark Proulx

Not real sure yet, Mark, though I'm tempted to piece together whatever is available to create something a bit different than the OOB options.

On 1/1/2019 at 2:33 PM, LSP_K2 said:

I've already noticed that the instructions are quite vague, which may be only the beginning of the problems with this kit, though generally it's a very impressive model, at least size-wise. I bookmarked an excellent example of the built model, from Mike Benolkin, to help study certain areas of the kit, determining what and what not to do, hopefully.

Those are part of it, but the other is the engineering for what looked like "moveable" gear.  Other parts just seemed like they weren't engineered enough or were just left unfinished like the tail wheel mounting.  Everything else seemed to go back to the original VFS kit. 

Most of the engine accessory compartment can be left out but trying to mount the engine in in the rings and then attach the cowling was a frustrating process.

I apologize for the low light in the shots. One of these days I'll get some good photos submitted for the gallery. 

302A1902.jpg

302A1900.jpg