Revell He-111P-1

Daniel460

10 hours ago, machine_marty said:

Now that I can post pics :) I've added a few of my He-111 interior;

31647126567_1ce9a29b3f_b.jpg

45863890174_975d8c82b7_b.jpg

Beautiful work Marty!! :thumbsup: Have you finished it? More pic's or open up a wip thread on it, would love to see the rest of it!  :D

Dan

3 hours ago, Daniel460 said:

Beautiful work Marty!! :thumbsup: Have you finished it? More pic's or open up a wip thread on it, would love to see the rest of it!  :D

Dan

Yes, I finished this a few years back. It builds up nice but needs a bit of work to bring it up to current standards - riveting the whole airframe being one not so small task that is IMHO essential.

I'll dig out a few more pics and post them up here (if you don't mind me taking over your thread ;) )

Thanks for the reply's gents. Don't be confusing Machine marty's beautiful build with mine. If mine looks half as good I will be happy! :D

I've been working in the cockpit trying to get the bombardiers station right. There is a hump where a sliding floor slides into to get to the aiming gear. I have bulkhead glued in with acrylic glue. Actually everything in this post is dry fitted with acrylic glue. 

I removed all the molded on details, started filling in the wing root area, added a few ribs and made a new control box on side wall.

T4Sep1.jpg

I added a cowl for the floor, after looking at pictures the front part didn't look right compared to some of the pictures I have. The structure that covers the bombing gear just didn't look right.

2UwPgT.jpg

After a bit of sawing and sanding, I'm starting to like it. Its not finished yet I still have some trimming to do to get it in the greenhouse. Plus all the detail needs to be added.

SNTg0t.jpg

atdAKF.jpg

k3fYw2.jpg

QzdGSg.jpg

Still have some adjusting to do, once I get it to fit in the greenhouse I'll start putting the detail in.

All suggestions/critiques gladly accepted! :thumbsup:

Dan

Looking good Dan, the work you're doing will at least be visible through all that glass, The kit cockpit provides a good basis but there are many improvements that can be made, some of which you're already on with. I used the CMK resin set but it's not much of an improvement over what Revell provide.

Keep it up, long way to go :P

15 hours ago, machine_marty said:

Looking good Dan, the work you're doing will at least be visible through all that glass, The kit cockpit provides a good basis but there are many improvements that can be made, some of which you're already on with. I used the CMK resin set but it's not much of an improvement over what Revell provide.

Keep it up, long way to go :P

Thanks Marty,

Lots of details in the pit to fix, the seat and raising mess is next. :doh:

Dan

14 hours ago, mozart said:

It all looks rather challenging Dan, but then that's what makes it fun isn't it!? I think you're doing a splendid job here, keep at it. :) 

Thanks Max,

I think if these kits weren't challenging we would feel short-changed! But they are fun and keep us out of trouble...until we buy another. :D

Dan

12 hours ago, Erwin said:

Great work.

I would love to buy the He 111. But those big clear parts are holding me back.

From what I see so far the greenhouse fits pretty good, there is going to be a lot of masking, I did get the masks with the Big Ed set.:D I may change my mind when I get to the final fit-up...:hmmm:

Dan 

Edited by Daniel460