Dragon BF 110 C-7

BloorwestSiR

Thanks guys! I'm glad you are all enjoying it. 

I started work on the IP. The Eduard set I had used individual instrument dials rather than a complete replacement IP panel. This probably works better in the end as there's less issues colour matching the panel to the rest of the cockpit and the IP is less flat looking.

IMG_20190108_165254-L.jpg

I then coated the dials with some UV Gel Coat which is a thick gloss gel that hardens in UV light. This helps replicate the look of glass.

IMG_20190109_115157-L.jpg

On 1/10/2019 at 2:24 PM, monthebiff said:

Cracking progress Carl, cockpit is looking excellent!

Regards.Andy 

Thanks Andy! I'm really happy with the way it's turning out. 

21 hours ago, Scale32 said:

Wow the ip looks awesome. Did not know you could get individual guages in pe. What a great idea from Edward 10 times easier than trying to paint the suckers!!

Cheers Bevan 

Thanks Bevan! I'm not sure if this set is still available. Could be worth looking into.

That's a lovely stage to reach Carl, all the work that goes into the pilot's and rear cockpit areas comes together and it always looks great - yours is no exception and is wonderfully clean as ever!  I look forward to seeing your further progress with this super kit.

6 hours ago, mozart said:

That's a lovely stage to reach Carl, all the work that goes into the pilot's and rear cockpit areas comes together and it always looks great - yours is no exception and is wonderfully clean as ever!  I look forward to seeing your further progress with this super kit.

Thanks Max! I do prefer to build my planes on the cleaner side. 

6 hours ago, Anthony in NZ said:

That's looking awesome Carl!  Love seeing your work buddy

Cheers Anthony

Thanks Anthony! 

5 hours ago, Shawn M said:

very nice!

Hows the fit into the fuse?

I'd say it's pretty good :D

IMG_20190111_203852-L.jpg

A bit of tape to hold it shut while the glue set and a couple quick swipes with some sanding sticks was mostly it. I might need a smear of Mr Surfacer on the bottom but that's it.

I repainted the MLG bays and legs as I had done them in RLM76. No idea what I was thinking but there you go. 

IMG_20190113_000337-L.jpg

With that done, I installed the gear bays into the lower wings. They went in without any issues after a quick scrape of excess paint.

However, I noticed that I was getting some interference from the engine bulkhead on the upper wing. To remedy this, I scraped away some plastic from inside the upper wing nacelle. I suspect this may have been operator error as it was fine during a dry fit and only affected the one side. 

IMG_20190113_125713-L.jpg

Otherwise the wings went together very nicely.

IMG_20190113_134925-L.jpg

Next up was the wing spar. 

IMG_20190113_143308-L.jpg

While test fitting the nose, I noticed that the fuselage was slightly narrower than it. Initially, I was going to just sand the nose cone down a bit and leave it at that. But then I noticed when I fit the lower wing centre section, it was wider than the fuselage at the nose as well. There's a small insert panel therensoni decides to whom it on either side with some thin strip styrene.

IMG_20190113_143326-L.jpg

This got rid of the step on either side.