HK Models 01E010: 1/32 Lancaster B Mk I

LSP_Kevin

Howdy folks,

I've just published my review of the new Lancaster kit from HK Models:

HK Models 01E010: 1/32 Lancaster B Mk I

2169-2.jpg

Just a note that, as is my usual style, this is an in-box review, and doesn't delve into the assessments of accuracy or buildability. That's a discussion for folks far more knowledgeable and expert than I am, and can be found elsewhere in the forums.

Thanks to Neil at HK Models for the review sample, and also to Dave Langmead for permission to use a couple of his build photos.

Enjoy!

Kev

Just a quick note to say that I've just updated the review with a couple of points of clarification. Firstly, the instructions are in error with regard to the number of photo-etch frets in the kit. There is—and should be—only one. Thanks to Neil Yan at HK Models for clearing that one up.

Secondly, there is in fact a difference between the original and erratum stencil that my fading eyesight had failed to pick up. The original stencil decal features the text PULL HAND, whereas the erratum version has been corrected to say PULL HARD. Thanks to Maciej Góralczyk for the clarification!

My apologies for the confusion!

Kev

30 minutes ago, LSP_Kevin said:

Secondly, there is in fact a difference between the original and erratum stencil that my fading eyesight had failed to pick up. The original stencil decal features the text PULL HAND, whereas the erratum version has been corrected to say PULL HARD. Thanks to Maciej Góralczyk for the clarification!

Kev

I didnt spot that in my review Kev.. I did however notice my Eratum has the 'M' missing from emergency!! So, I have the choice of Pull Hand in Emergency or Pull Hard in E ergency.  (I think some splicing will be necessary)

21 minutes ago, Gloucester Nige said:

I didnt spot that in my review Kev.. I did however notice my Eratum has the 'M' missing from emergency!! So, I have the choice of Pull Hand in Emergency or Pull Hard in E ergency.  (I think some splicing will be necessary)

Yeah, my erratum sheet has the same flaw, unfortunately. I guess between the two, we don't really have a problem!

Kev