WnW Felixstowe - Finished Thanks

Robthepom

Well the lower wings are finished with Bobs eyelets attached, now for the upper wings, I'm happy with my CDL it looks great in real life the photos dont show the subtle tones

Rant time.......i know it must be just me but i cant get Vallejo model air paints to work, look at the state on the pre shading on the top wings, I've tried different pressures different thinner ratios. i just cant get it to spray like tamiya or mission model paints, so I'm gonna bin the stuff ( although there model colour range brush paints perfectly)

Ive seen other threads where people have made jigs to hold the wings, but i just dont think its necessary, just follow the WnW instructions all fits are perfect so far, now for the tricky rigging

0zwrOoq.jpg

ShUqa6P.jpg

N2b1JRO.jpg

Thanks for the comments

On 5/13/2019 at 11:46 AM, DonH said:

Good grief, that's enormous!

funny story... i do my building in a small bedroom in home but the painting is done in the garage. So i was walking the model down the corridor to the garage and had to turn the model sideways to walk down the corridor, my wife saw this and said "did you just have to turn that model to get it to the garage!!!!!,  Good grief Rob, where the hell are you going to put that one!!!"

God knows how I'm going to explain about the WnW Lancasters i have planned

:frantic:

PS she is very supportive about my obsession, i mean hobby

Edited by Robthepom

Looks fantastic Rob, I recieved my late version from the WnW sale last week and it looks an amazing kit..................the wife mentioned it looked like the gift that just keeps on giving as the sprue's kept on coming out of the box for inspection...............her words not mine and happy days!!

Regards. Andy

• 2 weeks later...

thanks Andy, its a perfect kit.....would i do another? not a chance in hell, when i meet a modeller who has built more than one, i,ll know i'm in the asylum

for those of a nervous disposition, look away now

i4WLSDy.jpg

sClHi0R.jpg

hJ012eN.jpg

I think I've just paid for Bobs Buckels kids to go through Uni

On 5/27/2019 at 11:44 PM, Robthepom said:

thanks Andy, its a perfect kit.....would i do another? not a chance in hell, when i meet a modeller who has built more than one, i,ll know i'm in the asylum

for those of a nervous disposition, look away now

I think I've just paid for Bobs Buckels kids to go through Uni

You and me both Rob!!

Looking good!

hello hello

some work done over the weekend, the wings are glued, and i have loosely threaded some of the rigging, what a job that is.......i have to say the model is perfect but my modelling skills are not quiet up to the standard I'd like, oh well, lets just get it finished to the best of my ability.

So i'm going to wait a week before tightening and gluing the rigging (as stated in the instructions), i need more eyelets from Super Bob Buckle anyway

The model already have a dust layer on it, to be honest it not the most practicle thing i ever built, but i've learnt a lot on the way

jwmTsIp.jpg

q72k5KA.jpg

Edited by Robthepom

• 1 month later...

looking good! The felixstowe is the only WnW kit that i am hesitant to start just because of all the rigging.. Quite frankly it would be easier to train a spider to do all that wiring.