WnW Felixstowe - Finished Thanks

Robthepom

'with this model i brushed it on quite thin so there is not much wood grain effect'

That is what I noticed and is what stood out to me as being different from similar builds, the reason for my inquiry.

Thank you.

Sincerely,

Mark

hello hello

I need some advice, the halves are together, but there is a very ugly, slightly concave seam at the tail of the plane, i"m unsure either

1. Fill the seam sand sand and more sand
  2. Buy thin styrene sheet make a template and glue over the top of the tail section and try and blend the edges 

anyone got and recommendations??

I am thinking I'll probably have a go at filling and sanding, basically because i have no sheet, plus if it goes badly i can cover it anyway, maybe:unsure:

XfZZQtL.jpg

orU2JWE.jpg

Thanks in advance

Edited by Robthepom

Dang that is gly. I like putting some sheet in to take up space and reduce the amount of filler. If you do this sand or file down the edges so there aren’t any sharp edges or points left. These can come through the putty later and show everyone where the filler is :D as it will crack around the edges of the filler piece.

thanks Bob

Did a lot of work on the rear seam, took me 3 goes before i was happy, very satisfying to finish it. The engines are a delight and the moulding on each radiator is beautiful, i'm going to leave them OOB just some weathering and oil stains

RQGnHwf.jpg

aIQkJ8c.jpg?1

82qnsut.jpg