B17G "D Day Doll"

Simmo.b

1 hour ago, Daniel460 said:

Great subject! Love the old fortress! :thumbsup:

You sure you have enough AM!:D

Dan

Lol, I actually skipped on a fair bit of am, nothing for the wheel bays or engine's. I tried to keep it to a minium and still ended up with the pile that you see here!

On ‎1‎/‎1‎/‎2019 at 11:42 PM, ericg said:

Good start mate. More aftermarket than you can poke a stick at! Hope it all fits. You reckon a year is going to be long enough?

Phtttt it'll be on the tables at Expo next year lol.

Cheers Bevan

Since I had completed one wheel bay I figured that I would re-start the build by finishing the other.

Then I figured that I would complete the wings as doing this would remove a large swath of plastic from the sprues and at least give me the impression that I am making good progress!!

The bays were painted MRP black followed by various shades of Alclad, I applied a wash using Flory dark dirt, I went with Flory as being clay based this wash negated the need to seal the Alclad with clear (I would have used Tamiya X22 not floor cleaner!)

Fitting the bays required much thinning of plastic both on the completed bays and the inside of the wings, this may have been my fault as the fit tolerences are tight and any slight fit issues on the bays caused by errant paint on mating surfaces causes issues with joining the wing halves.

I eventually got the wings together however the engine nacels required much shimming up and filling.

20181230_111440-L.jpg

I just need to re-scribe and rivet some lost detail and the wings are done.

20181230_111456-L.jpg

More soon, thanks for stopping in!