Revell Antonov An-225 Mriya - Big in 1/144th!

Radders

When I heard about this kit it was a must buy for me, (being the big Soviet/Russian/Eastern European fan that I am...) I was going to wait until the new year, but the itch kept getting worse so I went and got it. Just had to be done. Great looking kit, although a shame only one choice of livery, I would of much preferred one of the older schemes.. If anyone does a decal sheet for this, I shall get a second kit for definate, but this will be built OOB! 

Photos of what you get here - https://scalesoviet.wordpress.com/revell-an-225/

and a great boxart (with dimensions on the box)

IMG_9864.jpg

21 hours ago, PhilB said:

I was lucky enough to be out near the runway at JFK back in 2002 and saw this thing take off.

Impressive!

:o

We had it at an airshow on our base in the mid-nineties. We had to re-position it and I wound up driving the tow vehicle. So I can say I towed the largest plane in the world. I still remember the flooring on the flight deck, you could feel it flex. The flooring was made out of titanium and therefore very thin. It was a good climb to the cockpit.

During the actual airshow I was working the flightline. I was called to the 225 because people were climbing the main gear. No duff, I counted 11 people as I kicked them out of the gear, they were climbing the gear like it was a tree.

It still visits my city yearly as it does a lot of work moving oil field equipment in and out of Canada.

Edited by ScoobyDoo

23 minutes ago, The Madhatter said:

I'd love to see you enter this into the Multi Engine GB... hint hint wink wink

The 1:1 and model both are indeed very impressive!  Unfortunately at 1/144th the scale does not qualify for the GB. All LSP GB entries would need to be 1/35th or larger.