Fokker DrI Part photoetched set mysterious parts

thierry laurent

Hi guys, 

Does any owner or builder of that set has a clue regarding the parts 41 to 43? Phase L of their instructions explains the assembly of that sub-element but gives zero info regarding its use or location in the kit! Moreover in spite of the tons of information I have regarding that plane, I found no reference to such a device inside the plane...!?! 

Thanks in advance 

Thierry 

Hi guys,

Sorry for the confusion but to me Part (with a capital letter) was not that obscure! 

Have a look at the instructions on that page. Look for step "L". 

https://www.super-hobby.com/products/Fokker-Dr.I-Roden-4196244.html

I finally found what it is! It is indeed intended to detail the engine cylinders. The stupid problem is the fact the instructions do not tell you that such an assembly has to be done 9 times. Add to that the fact there is nothing looking like part 44 on the actual engine and you will understand why I was puzzled! Moreover, I did not see step L was mentioned in the page 3 bottom corner. And I should have looked more closely to the fret as the number of parts (9 of each) would have rung a bell in my head! I was probably too tired!

Nonetheless thanks to all who intervened. 

Happy new year to all of you! 

Thierry 

Hey brother, and happy holidays:)!

I believe that is actually the mechanism to prevent the guns from blowing off the propeller blades (AKA "interrupters") which run from the back of the engine to the bottom of the Spandau's.  Pretty tired here too (LOL)! A Great reference is the Fokker Team Schorndorf CD.  I can post additional details if you need,...….. or PM me.  

Best regards,

Scott

Edited by Scott Negron