Recommend me a quick setting glue?

ok chapps

im about to embark on my first bi-plane, so ive been looking at lots and lots of youtube videos and on here for advice on rigging. now before i rush in with and expensive kit im going to practice on a 1/48 se5 i have in the stash that i keep putting off

but.....

the only ca i have is cheap'o' tube stuff from the pound shop, i do have a can of spray accelerator but i dont want to have to start spraying that stuff around while im rigging

so i need a glue that meets the following

sets in seconds

is available in the UK

actually works

cheers guys

As an option if you will; you can also do what I do when working with CA accelerator and that's to decant a small amount of it into a small cup (I use the cover of the accelerator spray pump) and apply it with a 000 brush so it doesn't get all over the model.  Just be careful or you'll glue the brush to the model and the rigging.  I normally put a brushful of accelerator near the glue and let capillary action seep it from the brush to the glue...works just about every time.

Edited by Juggernut

I always use Loctite Control Gel, works for me. Squeeze out as small an amount as you wish, I've got an old credit card that acts as my "reservoir" and it's gel so doesn't run all over the place, and apply with a sharpened cocktail stick, piece of wire etc. Easy peasy!! 

What I do...

I make applicators out of very fine wire taken out of some scrap electrical device wire.  Pull a single metal wire out about 5 or 6 inches long.  Bend that wire around the shaft of a needle or pin.  Try to make a loop about 1/16" or less.  Then twist the wire to makes a shaft.  What you end up with is a twisted wire shaft with a tiny loop at the end.  The whole thing looks like a tiny lollipop.  Since the wire shaft will bend easily. glue the shaft along a tooth pick to give it rigidity.  Just don't block the loop.  When I sit down to make these, I make a dozen or so at a time.

How it works...

You have to use this with extra thin CA(super glue).  Put a drop or two in a bottle cap.  Dip the loop only into the CA. then quickly touch the edge of the loop to the joint you are trying to fix.  Capillary action will draw the thin CA out of the loop and into the joint/gap.  Since you are using very small amounts of CA, it may take several application this way depending on you needs.  The CA will build up in the loop so have a lighter handy to burn it out and clear the loop.  

It is important to use extra thin CA or it won't work.  Also, don't try to use the drops in your bottle cap for too long.  It starts to cure and thicken after a few minutes, and this defeats the capillary action.  Just use a few drops at a time and be wiling to let the unused stuff go to waste.  You can use the loop tool to apply accelerator as well without spraying the stuff everywhere.  Just be quick to pull the loop away and not glue it to the model.

Sometimes it is effective to cut a break in the loop and make it a small narrow "U", which gives a little more precision in some instances.  Touch the open portion to the joint.

I use this method and tools to glue down photo etch parts, wires etc all the time.   It does apply only small amounts of CA at a time, so be patient.  However, it give you very precise control over the glue and accelerator.