20th Anniversary Monthly Raffles!

LSP_Kevin

Howdy folks,

With 2019, LSP's 20th anniversary, and our celebratory Multi-engine Group Build all mere days away, I thought it time to announce another of our celebratory initiatives for the year ahead. For the duration of our 20th year, we'll be holding a series monthly raffles, with prizes donated by a range of vendors and sponsors.

To be eligible for the raffle for any given month, you simply need to have started a build in the Works in Progress forum that month. Simples! Note that placeholder threads started solely for the purposes of claiming eligibility for a prize will most likely be excluded. We're looking for active builds here! Think of this as a way for us to extend the prize-giving beyond the Group Build, and offer similar rewards to those members who feel the GB is not for them.

I haven't decided yet whether to announce the prizes in advance, or keep them up our sleeves as surprises. For now, all I'll say is that there will be a single prize each month, drawn from a range of kits and aftermarket products from many of our generous vendors and sponsors:

• Barracuda Studios
  • RB Productions
  • MDC
  • Archer Fine Transfers
  • Silver Wings
  • Kitlinx/PCM
  • Kinetic
  • LSP

We may have further prize announcements as the year progresses, and would like to thank the companies listed above for their amazing support.

Also, stay tuned for more 20th anniversary announcements as they become finalised!

Kev

1 hour ago, LSP_Kevin said:

To be eligible for the raffle for any given month, you simply need to have started a build in the Works in Progress forum that month. 

Kev

A wonderful generous surprise Kev, however can I just ask for clarification on the above: you're only eligible for the raffle for the month in which you've started it, or does starting a build in January automatically enter you for the period of that build, say January till June for example? 

1 hour ago, mozart said:

A wonderful generous surprise Kev, however can I just ask for clarification on the above: you're only eligible for the raffle for the month in which you've started it, or does starting a build in January automatically enter you for the period of that build, say January till June for example? 

The first one! In other words, if you start an active build in January, you'll go into the draw at the end of January for that month's prize. We can fudge end-of-month stuff if we need to (for example, if you start your build on the last day of January, but are very active with it through February, then we could consider it eligible for the February draw). Whereas the GB raffle is a reward for finishing your build, this raffle series is an incentive to start one.

Kev

1 hour ago, EvilCarrot said:

A big thanks to the LSP team and all sponsors for organising this! I assume the usual 25% rule applies? 

I hadn't actually thought about that, but it does make sense that it would apply, so we'll say that it does. Most members are good about presenting a full build anyway.

Kev

2 minutes ago, airscale said:

Umm, you forgot about my donation Kev :crying:

always happy to give back to the place I call home and all it's wonderful members :)

Peter

Peter, your seriously generous and amazing donation is actually for the GB raffle if I remember correctly. I've only listed the monthly ones above - and thought it was a bit much to ask for two donations!

Kev