Revell Lynx HMA.8

Dave Williams

Looks like the Revell HMA.8 version of the Lynx has finally been released.  It’s been five years since their last boxing of the kit as the HAS.3, and long enough that the actual aircraft has gone out of service, but better late than never.  Interestingly, the early boxings of the first release, the German Mk.88A, actually included a sprue with many HMA.8 parts, including the IP, Sea Owl turret, IRCM jammer, and the cabin rescue hoist (which could be used on the Mk.88A too).  There were some parts missing in the Mk.88A kit that prevented you from just building a HMA.8 out of the box, though.

Link to kit

Link to instructions

18 minutes ago, otis252 said:

Looks great, can't wait to get one. Looks like they've included the engine intake screens, although not sure how they're done.

Chuck

Unfortunately, I’m sure they are done like in the previous kits, being molded in clear plastic.

15 minutes ago, wunwinglow said:

Picked mine up yesterday, beautifully moulded in pale grey and clear, nice, but quite small decal sheet. All looks very familiar.... These Revell Helos are brilliant value for money,  really nicely done!

Which airframes are included on the decal sheet mate?

On 12/29/2018 at 7:49 AM, Dave Williams said:

Unfortunately, I’m sure they are done like in the previous kits, being molded in clear plastic.

Yikes, that must look pretty awful.   For that reason alone, I wouldn't build this one.  Any aftermarket options to address this?