Iain

HobbyBoss 1:32 Liberator GR Mk.VI - RAF Coastal Command

I still have space at home - but idea is I do a few hours of 'Aeronut' stuff after work, three nights a week.

There's no chance of getting any decent space closer to home - we live in a very expensive part of the country and there's no way I could get space like this for the amount it's costing me.

Tools-wise I've just acquired a second Jun Air compressor - so will have airbrush stuff here - and at the 'office'.

It will actually force me to focus I think!  :)

Iain

Flooring is inherited - until last month the offices were home to a shared office space for small tech start-ups. Decor is down to the founders of that, who where designers - so the office has an arty feel to it - which actually grows on you!

I'm setting up a 6' wide photo backdrop and lighting in that white corner - I'll actually be able to fit the 1:200 Hood in there for photos!

Outside is grass, trees and space - it's a really nice location - especially in summer...

Iain

Wow, What a great build, I Am building it to and used all Eduard sets, metal .50 barrels, brass undercarriage. I want this to be as good as it can get. Still need resin wheels and the vacuum formed gun turrets. The last is a bit of a problem as I don't have PayPal no more. But I Am started on the wings and follow your lead. Could you be so kind to post the corrected wing spars onhere, please, 1 on 1 and talk us trough , like thickness, where to begin, etc, that would be a great help. Ty in advance.

Cheers Theo

OK - so first off - I'm going to move this out of the Group Build as there's no way she'll be complete before the end of the year.

But, on a more positive note - some progress there is...

It's taking a while to get relevant kit into the new work area - but have been able to make a start on the kit supplied 'spar' - modifying it to fit with the new wing formers.

This has to be done before I finalise the ribs for laser cutting.

So - ribs:

48b427_9f67b06422d74475acf842008ee31254~

Spar - with intitial mark-up for material to be removed - a start having been made at the front with a course sanding bar, and at the rear - which needs most of the upper section cutting down to almost the lower line at the rear to accomodate the lower wing trailing edge:

48b427_79e43119d3cd48e8a318dcd495e5980e~

48b427_6844fbc61e3b4542b996fb88b1050e30~

48b427_4af41f4e41bf40b6bfac2591da852c42~

48b427_90b1570685e747e1b1070e488245ff04~

I'll dig out my belt sander and shape the rear tomorrow - then adjust the rib drawings to match.

Hopefully on a roll now I have the space/tools.

Iain

As a recent owner of this kit, albeit the B-24D version, I'm all eyes and ears here!

Happy new year Iain and looking forward to seeing more as this beauty of a kit evolves.

Edited by Mark in France