HobbyBoss 1:32 Liberator GR Mk.VI - RAF Coastal Command

Iain

Hi Lain

Thanks for your answer, will be starting on mine in a week or two, so it was nice to know if the 300 g was sufficient, but we will see ;o)

Do you know where can I finde drawings for the missing rivets? Tryed on the internet, but don't seem to be able to find any line drawings for the rivets.

Hi Tommy,

Not found anything definitive yet - but not really at that stage yet - wan't to sort the wings first.

Good luck with your build - the kit is a great canvass in my opinion - hopefully you'll share photos on the forums and we can all egg each other on!  :)

Iain

Here is the page out of the instructions, I was wrong, it calls for 300 grams of weight which is as stated above by Alain, .66 of a pound

DSC04444.jpg

Not trying to steal a thread, but somone asked about wheels, here are the wheels for the P-38,

DSC04446.jpg

and the obverse

DSC04445.jpg

I think it wold make a nice looking front wheel for the Liberator,  the modeler could cut a disc and cover the spokes.

That main gear casting is very undersize and looks like a telescope not a continuous diameter leg. Nose gear looks ok but the main leg looks pretty poor.

SAC have done a whole gear leg set to come that looks pretty good if the white metal is not soft.

Hope Eduard go all out but not holding my breath..Brassin gear legs would be awesome.

Great work on the B-24!

Edited by Darren Howie

Hi Darren,

The brass inserts are exactly the same a the kits - and will be strong.

The SAC set is a direct copy of the kit parts as well (with the plastic jackets fitted) - but, from experience, won't be strong.

You takes your pick.

The shapes of the kit parts are out I reckon - but you stand a better chance of fixing by using the brass set and modding the plastic jackets to suit.

Iain

• 2 weeks later...

When everyone was talking about the wing, I might have missed it, but has anyone compared the old Combat Models(I think) vacform wing to the Hobby Boss wing to see if it is any better?

Bruce

Don't have the Combat kit Bruce - but I do have some of the ID kits - somewhere.

I *really* doubt there's a better solution to be found there - I'm still convinced simple formers and some cutting will fix - I've just been too busy with finishing the Spitfire project to make any further headway.

Iain

Hi,great work looking forward to the result since I intend to do 2 of these kits.Even if you don't make a set having the plan to make my own would be great.Could be a laser cut set would be economical to do or how about sending the dimensions off to someone that can 3D model something in their printer.(Although maybe styrene plastic may be better to glue together instead of having to use superglue,depends on what kind of frame/former you come up with,perhaps a "frame" the two halves of the wings could be wrapped and clamped around then glued).

Edited by mrsteve151
grammar

Hi Steve, 

Thanks for your interest!

If you go back up the thread I cover this somewhere...

Plan is laser cut styrene - I just need to finish the profiles.

Iain