HobbyBoss 1:32 Liberator GR Mk.VI - RAF Coastal Command

Iain

Fantastic work Iain! I am following your progress with much excitement. I can't remember if you mentioned it before but are you going to have to make a new spar to alleviate any twist you might get as a result of the surgery? I see you have made the wing root rib to fit the future position of the spar, but what about towards the wing tip? I'm wondering if there'll be any sort of twist along the wing.........

I'm sure you have a solution in hand anyway. Love the progress so far!

Cheers,

Craig

Hi Craig,

At present I don't think any additional spar will be needed.

Forcing the shape change on the inner section of wing will have little effect on the outer section - which, by default, will stay in line with the nacelles, which I'm not changing the angle of at all.

As you can see I'm leaving a lot of the moulded reinforcement in place towards the front of the wing.

Kit spar will be used - subject to some modification.

In further news - I mentioned a while back that I thought the root chord was out - have found new drawings that show the root chord measurement I was using is at the aircraft centreline - not where the wing meets the fuselage - so it's actually about right.

Iain

I don't wish to be negative in any way, cos' you are doing a great job.

However for us mortals it remains to be seen if there is af CLEAR ond OBVIOUS visual difference between your work and an unmodified model.

Not negative at all - and a very valid point!

I believe it will be pretty obvious - but I can only demonstrate once I've finished the work on the wings and the main spar.

As I have two kits I'll be able to take some photos with the wing positioned on the fuselage - both as it comes in the kit and then as modified.

It will then be up to you guys to decide if there's a noticeable difference - and if so, whether the work involved is worth it!  :)

But I can get a bit geeky about some things - please don't judge me too harshly!! :frantic::D

Have to say though, one of the drivers to this was reading that the wing was 'impossible' to fix - to me that's like a red flag to a bull!  ;)

Iain

• 2 weeks later...
4 hours ago, Iain (32SIG) said:

Postie just delivered a small box containing two sets of brass undercarriage goodness from Ali (Ali62) @ Aerocraft Models - look very nice!

Iain

Cool, mine are still in the mail. So are they worth the wait? Do they fit in the kit parts good? Pictures please.

Ron G 

Edited by RonGUSA