Kagemusha

ICM Gloster Gladiator

Aviation Megastore lists quite a few 1/32  Gladiator decals. They have one Belgian sheet shared with the CR.42 from Dutch Decal, plus Kora sheets of Gladiators from Latvia, Lithuania, China, Soviet, Luftwaffe and another Belgian sheet. If the kit doesn't have enough options, these should help.

Tnarg

Im looking forward to an IM 32nd Gladdie for sure.  I've the the SW kit, but its resin, and as nice as it is, I think and IM kit would be very nice and a quicker build. 

If this kit is on par with their I-16 (recently reviewed) then it will be a stellar kit. I fully expect very tight molding, good detail OOB and a nice decal selection. This kit, as the I-16 is a great platform for the detail minded, and a good OOB builder.

On 1/16/2019 at 5:35 PM, Tnarg said:

Aviation Megastore lists quite a few 1/32  Gladiator decals. They have one Belgian sheet shared with the CR.42 from Dutch Decal, plus Kora sheets of Gladiators from Latvia, Lithuania, China, Soviet, Luftwaffe and another Belgian sheet. If the kit doesn't have enough options, these should help.

Tnarg

https://www.aviationmegastore.com/belgian-ww2-fighters-fiat-cr42-gloster-gladiator-dd32017-dutch-decal-dd32017-vliegtuig-bouwmodel-transfers/product/?action=prodinfo&art=110950

Ever so tempted by this, with it's history and good looks I think I should buy and build one, it's just the rigging that as usual puts me off.

Cheers

Dennis

19 minutes ago, dennismcc said:

it's just the rigging that as usual puts me off.

Cheers

Dennis

Me too. I shall wait to buy it untill I see a build-report.

Edited by Erwin

On January 18, 2019 at 10:23 AM, dennismcc said:

Ever so tempted by this, with it's history and good looks I think I should buy and build one, it's just the rigging that as usual puts me off.

Cheers

Dennis

I wish a manufacturer would pick up the OOP  "STRUTZ" streamlined wire for rigging.  I am looking at my last set containing a few that will work nicely on the Gladiator.

Rick

Dennis, give it a whirl. Start from the inside out, and be patient.

The boxart is steller as well. Reminds me of the old Tamiya stuff.

On 12/28/2018 at 12:26 AM, MikeMaben said:

You're right Erwin,  rods of a couple of different diameters apparently.

YXURiJk.jpg

The link rods between the ailerons might be cylindrical, but all the structural rigging will be of the flattened type... 

One Silver Wings Sea Gladiator sold yesterday on eBay for £103.00, another has come on today with a starting price of £100.00, any link with the pending ICM kit on the sellers' behalf d'you think??!  :hmmm: :)

Edited by mozart

If I can get past my inertia, my Sea Glad should follow soon!  And when Squadron has ICM kits marked down...

Wunwinglow,  aileron ones are streamline too- you can see where they return to cylindrical before meeting the "turnbuckle" (I think there's a different name, but I'm not thinking of it).