Jump to content
Kagemusha

ICM Gloster Gladiator

Recommended Posts

19 minutes ago, Jennings Heilig said:

 

Where did you see that???

 

It's listed on Hannants under their "Future Release" tab. It shows a Korean War B-26C in quarter III, and a WWII A-26C in quarter IV.

 

- Dennis S.

  Thornton, CO USA

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

so Hannants has decals release on their future releases for Gladiator scheduled for Q4 - Gladiator Mk.I/II in Foreign service

looks that we will get many different schemes to choose :D

jan

 

https://www.hannants.co.uk/product/ICMD32004

Edited by Jan_G

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, Jan_G said:

so Hannants has decals release on their future releases for Gladiator scheduled for Q4 - Gladiator Mk.I/II in Foreign service

looks that we will get many different schemes to choose :D

jan

 

https://www.hannants.co.uk/product/ICMD32004

No details yet, but hoping for Latvia, Sweden/Finland, Lithuania and Norway.... and put it on skis please.

 

Tnarg

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, Tnarg said:

No details yet, but hoping for Latvia, Sweden/Finland, Lithuania and Norway.... 

 

Tnarg

 

I'm hoping for Belgian markings

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 12/26/2018 at 11:31 AM, scimitarf1 said:

 

 

I hope they do the rigging as etch. 

I'm no Gadiator expert.But judging by this picture,the rigging is very thick.

 

Looks more like rods than wires to me :hmmm:

 

G30%20Wevelgem%20ED%20Coll.jpg

Edited by Erwin

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, lorenzo63 said:

I think ICM is still our best hope to see one day some very important planes ( still missing in 1/32) such La 5, La 7, Yak 1, Yak 9.....

 

Yes, think what they could do if they had the Hart to do some more inter-war stuff; in fact, I'll throw down the Gauntlet to them to do so.  If they do these there'll be people modelling like Demons, but if not some will be in a Fury. :D:D:D:D

 

I'll get my hat & coat ...

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, MikeC said:

 

Yes, think what they could do if they had the Hart to do some more inter-war stuff; in fact, I'll throw down the Gauntlet to them to do so.  If they do these there'll be people modelling like Demons, but if not some will be in a Fury. :D:D:D:D

 

I'll get my hat & coat ...

 

And hope for one of those with floats and Swedish colors, or Estonian or Danish... maybe Santa could help?

 

Tnarg

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I shall have to dig out my research to what RAF Gladiators fought where etc

 

The ‘Memphis Belle of Gladiators’ is one of the Malta ‘Faith, Hope and Charity’ birds, but I have no idea what mark they are...

 

this is still super cool news  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
26 minutes ago, nmayhew said:

I shall have to dig out my research to what RAF Gladiators fought where etc

 

The ‘Memphis Belle of Gladiators’ is one of the Malta ‘Faith, Hope and Charity’ birds, but I have no idea what mark they are...

 

this is still super cool news  

The Malta Gladiators were Sea Gladiators "standard Fleet Air Arm pattern except they were assembled without arrestor hooks, dinghies or sea markers, their armament consisted of four Browning guns on the standard lower wings and nose mountings and all aircraft possessed the manufacturers' modifications to permit the mounting of an additional pair of Browning guns on the top wing.  The engines were "Shadow built" Mercury VIIIAS driving two-blade wooden propellers." (Source Francis K Mason, The Gloster Gladiator)  Mason also notes that there is absolutely no contemporary evidence  that any of the Gladiators were , at any time in their operations, individually or collectively referenced by the names "Faith", "Hope" and "Charity".  These terms first surfaced in the UK in 1941.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

If that is true, it still stresses the need for such names during bleak times, and those were bleak times for the defenders of Malta. Read about the ordeal of the tanker Ohio, and her struggle to get oil to Malta; that one event prolly saved the day.

   I also saw the "Cypress" Japanese trainer; the license built Bucher. Good way to get some more sales. I had hopes my Willow might get some company. It may if I find some hino's the right size. ICM is doing some good things in 1/32.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×
×
  • Create New...