Kagemusha

ICM Gloster Gladiator

2 minutes ago, quang said:

Alas it’s a Jungmann not a Jungmeister. Much to my regret (nudge, nudge)

Yes you’re right of course, but even a Jungmann is very acceptable! My friend Annabelle owns a Jungmann, she flew over my house last week, and she’s restoring a Jungmeister too!

On 12/11/2019 at 1:49 AM, MikeC said:

Someone surely has to do 73 Sqn's arrowhead.  Of course, I suppose I could get out the masking material and tools and get cutting.  Very tempting.

Pheon Decals does a series of 'Silver Wings' Gladiators in 1/48, including 73 Sqn, I understand they will be releasing 1/32 sets, so you could be in luck....

14 minutes ago, Keith B said:

Pheon Decals does a series of 'Silver Wings' Gladiators in 1/48, including 73 Sqn, I understand they will be releasing 1/32 sets, so you could be in luck....

I'm doing a 56 squadron Gladiator, making my own masks but I think the firebird on the fin is going to be a challenge for the cutter!

1 hour ago, mozart said:

I'm doing a 56 squadron Gladiator, making my own masks but I think the firebird on the fin is going to be a challenge for the cutter!

You might not be in that much trouble Max.....................I cut these "OV-10A" codes above the tail code, for Glens Bronco on my old V1 Silhouette, and they are no more than 1.5 - 2mm tall:

2341-10.jpg

10 minutes ago, mozart said:

That's impressive Brian.  The settings are critical aren't they, otherwise you can end up with the blade almost ripping the mask apart.

To a point yes. IIRC, I think I had my blade on 1/the least pressure setting, that way it cut into the mask material as little as possible while still actually cutting it. Used Oramask 810 BTW. 

On 12/6/2019 at 9:26 PM, Kagemusha said:

The pre-order price was £35.63, the sod it price is £43.99, quite a saving, Santa would be proud.

Pity I didn’t know or you could have had one for the princely sum of £32.50. The joys of having a trade account I am afraid. As you are from Mancunia and I live just across the border in Salfordium, it would have been easy to arrange a drop off. 

Yes, on a Revell Ar 196.  They worked fine as far as I recall, and without wishing to hijack the thread, I think they look OK.

IMG-4173.jpg

Anybody got the updated box art for this kit? The image on ICM's website (and published in this thread back on page 6) doesn't represent the final product, unfortunately. I've noticed that ICM do this as a matter of course, which is a little frustrating.

Kev

2 minutes ago, LSP_Kevin said:

Anybody got the updated box art for this kit? The image on ICM's website (and published in this thread back on page 6) doesn't represent the final product, unfortunately. I've noticed that ICM do this as a matter of course, which is a little frustrating.

Kev

Ignore me! I found another version tucked away on their site:

1574856174_32040_box_web.jpg

Kev