ICM Gloster Gladiator

Kagemusha

1 hour ago, Hans said:

Max, does the drawing in the On silver wings book by Lumsden et al. have info on the Mk. 1 wheel spats? I also, like Tnarg, want to do the Danish Mk. 1 and with the spats it looks quite different. On the Gauntlet fuselage: If you remove about one centimetre of the fuselage halves of the Gladiator kit, just behind the metal part, that is from the linen covered rear fuselage, and put these together again, I think you'll end up with quite a decent basis for a Gauntlet.  The Gladiator had a longer fuselage. 

The book has several pictures of Gauntlets with spats Hans, but if you can get MMP Books Gloster Gauntlet (Orange series 1) by Alex Crawford there are colour schemes of two Danish Gauntlets, though neither with spats, and also some scale drawings including spatted aircraft.  Excellent little book for the Gauntlet aficionado!

Thanks Max, I already have the MMP book and the Scale Aviation Modeller International september 2003 issue with the article and drawings on the Gauntlet by Richard Caruna and I am thinking about aquiring the Lumsden book. In my opinion, you can never have enough documentation...

As for the spats, they appear to have a metal cover for the wheels that is fitted with screws on the outside , but from photo's I have seen and the drawing in the MMP book it is difficult to get the details. 

I am going to use the ICM Gladiator, Max, as  I think it is the easiest route. Shortening the fuselage, modifying the wings to serve as hulks for new skins à la Woodman and using the (modified) kits' engine. I think I will start an "in progress" in a few weeks time after I have completed another project. As you said, it is such a handsome aeroplane.