ICM Gloster Gladiator

Kagemusha

11 minutes ago, LSP_Mike said:

ICM seems to have found a niche market in the time from 1935 to 1940- ish. Is it too much to think they will do a US and Japanese subject that meshes with their current line up? A TBD would fit, as would a Spruce trainer.

And a ......Do-17.

Yes! An early Do 17 for me, too, please! And what about some beautiful french planes of this period?

15 hours ago, pascale said:

This looks really good.....

Does the kit have location holes for the rigging? I can't seem to make out from the pics I have seen so far....

Cheeers.

The answer is no, but the instructions illustrate very well where they go.

All you need is the drill and off you go!

9 hours ago, Dpgsbody55 said:

IwillbuythiskitIwillbuythiskitIwillbuythiskitIwillbuythiskitIwillbuythiskit :D

Looks like a nice model, and it's one I've wanted to see on the market for some years, so thanks very much, ICM.  Now the next thing is to see what pre-war non camo offerings the aftermarket will do.

Cheers,

Michael

AIMS have a couple of sheets in the works 

2 hours ago, LSP_Mike said:

ICM seems to have found a niche market in the time from 1935 to 1940- ish. Is it too much to think they will do a US and Japanese subject that meshes with their current line up? A TBD would fit, as would a Spruce trainer.

And a ......Do-17.

Based on what they’ve released so far, my impression is that their 1/32 offerings are limited to smallish, relatively simple aircraft with simple cockpits.  A TBD would be bigger and more complex than what they’ve offered so far, as would twin engined bomber.

10 hours ago, Dave Williams said:

Based on what they’ve released so far, my impression is that their 1/32 offerings are limited to smallish, relatively simple aircraft with simple cockpits.  A TBD would be bigger and more complex than what they’ve offered so far, as would twin engined bomber.

Well that still leaves a few untouched subjects: American, Japanese, French. Italian Cr 32 or Lysander or Japanese pre Zero fighter please!

Edited by Pup7309

I can’t recommend these ICM kits enough.  The I-153 kit just fell together.  I opened up the female plug holes a bit on the one fuselage half and the used some liquid cement and this thing glued up solid.  There is also a real pronounced fuselage to wing fairing on the lower wing that just fits so well to the fuselage.   A simple one main wing strut on each side and this builds into a solid late biplane fighter.  I can’t wait to get a Gladiator.  The pictures of the Gladiator build look stunning.  

I love the subjects they they are picking for IM.   A Dornier?   Oh yes.   

1 hour ago, Troy Molitor said:

I can’t recommend these ICM kits enough.  The I-153 kit just fell together.  I opened up the female plug holes a bit on the one fuselage half and the used some liquid cement and this thing glued up solid.  There is also a real pronounced fuselage to wing fairing on the lower wing that just fits so well to the fuselage.   A simple one main wing strut on each side and this builds into a solid late biplane fighter.  I can’t wait to get a Gladiator.  The pictures of the Gladiator build look stunning.  

I love the subjects they they are picking for IM.   A Dornier?   Oh yes.   

I taped up the fuselage halves of the Gladiator Troy to see what the fit was into the lower wing.......absolute perfection!  Couldn't agree more with your comments about ICM, their Jungmeister is good too.

2 minutes ago, quang said:

Alas it’s a Jungmann not a Jungmeister. Much to my regret (nudge, nudge)

Yes you’re right of course, but even a Jungmann is very acceptable! My friend Annabelle owns a Jungmann, she flew over my house last week, and she’s restoring a Jungmeister too!

On 12/11/2019 at 1:49 AM, MikeC said:

Someone surely has to do 73 Sqn's arrowhead.  Of course, I suppose I could get out the masking material and tools and get cutting.  Very tempting.

Pheon Decals does a series of 'Silver Wings' Gladiators in 1/48, including 73 Sqn, I understand they will be releasing 1/32 sets, so you could be in luck....

14 minutes ago, Keith B said:

Pheon Decals does a series of 'Silver Wings' Gladiators in 1/48, including 73 Sqn, I understand they will be releasing 1/32 sets, so you could be in luck....

I'm doing a 56 squadron Gladiator, making my own masks but I think the firebird on the fin is going to be a challenge for the cutter!

1 hour ago, mozart said:

I'm doing a 56 squadron Gladiator, making my own masks but I think the firebird on the fin is going to be a challenge for the cutter!

You might not be in that much trouble Max.....................I cut these "OV-10A" codes above the tail code, for Glens Bronco on my old V1 Silhouette, and they are no more than 1.5 - 2mm tall:

2341-10.jpg