ICM Gloster Gladiator

Kagemusha

And checked: Jefford confirms the use of Gladiators between those dates: there was a bit of an overlap with Hurricanes, the first arriving in April 1938.  The squadron was at North Weald at the time.

Working on my third ICM kit at the moment and wondering, has ICM positively mentioned they will release the Sea Gladiator?  

Just curious.  The Rata has been released in several variants.   I’m hoping the Sea Gladiator will certainly be released.    

7 hours ago, MikeC said:

And checked: Jefford confirms the use of Gladiators between those dates: there was a bit of an overlap with Hurricanes, the first arriving in April 1938.  The squadron was at North Weald at the time.

Looking at my book on the Gladiator by Francis K Mason he lists the following for 56 squadron:

North Weald July 1937: K7961 (ex 73 sqdn a/c), K7982, K7983, K7987 - K8000 (these being new aircraft directly from the works), K8020, K8021, K8022, K8030, again new a/c.  He notes that it was standard practice to consign the five aircraft with the highest number of flying hours, or lowest state of modification to the reserve echelon and the other fourteen to front line duties.  This is a 56 squadron Gladiator:

41WMxG.jpg

which is also shown on the Pheon 1/48th sheet, along with K9147 (including checkers), this latter it seems didn't belong to the squadron according to Mason’s research, and I trust that implicitly.  I see on Pheon's website that Rowan has been ill, but is promising a 1/32 sheet(s) for the ICM kit.  The Firebird symbol is clearly shown in this picture on the tail fin, one could speculate whether the checkerboard existed on the fuselage and maybe on the top wing surface, depends how much artistic licence is "available"!  They were on their Gauntlets:

qxwG3J.jpg

myG7Fe.jpg

Edited by mozart

1 hour ago, CharmyDown said:

Sod waiting for the invoice, gone straight in and paid!

See if I can twist the arm of an unsuspecting family member to buy it for me for Chrimbo. :coolio:

The pre-order price was £35.63, the sod it price is £43.99, quite a saving, Santa would be proud.

20 hours ago, Kagemusha said:

The pre-order price was £35.63, the sod it price is £43.99, quite a saving, Santa would be proud.

Wrong there chum, pre order price of £39.59 paid.:P

Edited by CharmyDown
Typo

Mine's on its way from Hannants, I'll be starting it mid-week! 

Here’s a very good complete series of reference pictures from Britmodeller:

https://www.britmodeller.com/forums/index.php?/topic/76578-gloster-gladiator/

Edited by mozart