ICM Gloster Gladiator

Kagemusha

I have two Silver wings example but I have to tell you.   The ICM I-153 almost built itself in a couple evening sessions.   If it fits like the I-153 I can only imagine the Gladiator will sell.   Such a cool looking aircraft.  Can’t wait for this one too.   

ICM if your listening, there are some Russian WWII aircraft we’re really looking forward to seeing in injected moldings.  Please!?

• 3 weeks later...
1 hour ago, Kagemusha said:

I wonder if the masks give an indication of the decal options provided with the kit. 

Possibly but I seriously doubt so many different schemes will be included in the first release. Looking at prior ICM releases it is obvious they will milk the cow with multiple boxings: RAF Gladiators, Sea Gladiators, Gladiators in the North with skis, other foreign versions, etc. 

it does look pretty cool but i really would hoped for a more creative solution to the wing spars

they are all separate with no underlying structure providing automatic alignment and fit

that will make a for a pretty precarious addition of the top wing onto the kit no?

it's giving me shivers thinking of old Matchbox and Airfix biplanes i built in 1/72 when I was a kid - in many many kits and possibly a hundred plus spars, I don't think a single one was actually in proper alignment :doh:

17 minutes ago, nmayhew said:

it does look pretty cool but i really would hoped for a more creative solution to the wing spars

they are all separate with no underlying structure providing automatic alignment and fit

that will make a for a pretty precarious addition of the top wing onto the kit no?

it's giving me shivers thinking of old Matchbox and Airfix biplanes i built in 1/72 when I was a kid - in many many kits and possibly a hundred plus spars, I don't think a single one was actually in proper alignment :doh:

Ive always used the old standby of a sturdy cardboard box to align the wings. Seems to work well, even when the outer wing struts dont have much to hold onto, and/or they are not connected for support. Its super simple, and normally when used it perfectly aligns the two wings without doing much of anything, except setting the model down on the box. Just have to use a very stout glue or epoxy for the most strength. 

1 hour ago, RadBaron said:

Dang ICM are really getting their act together! She looks very tidy!

Yeah they are. I was thinking this morning, would love for them to tackle other Soviet subjects in 1/32... a La-5/7, Lagg-3 series, and....gasp.... a Pe-2. They are indeed putting out some great stuff lately. And if we keep buying it, they will keep making more stuff.

- Dennis S.

Thornton, CO USA