ICM Gloster Gladiator

Kagemusha

6 minutes ago, Jennings Heilig said:

Yeah nice in theory. I’ve frozen my *ass* off flying in Florida when it was balmy on the ground. You could see your breath at 10k

Well, I've flown a 100 hours in just the last few weeks all over the country and I can confidently say the weather isnt always cold at 10,000'.  Thats not even counting strong temperature inversions where its warmer at 10,000 than on the ground.  And countless other weather phenomena that affect all the temps at varying altitudes.  Can it be very cold at 10k, of course! But it can also be quite warm.  

Back on topic,  I look forward to this kit very much.

I will be interested in seeing how the kit compares to the Silver Wings kit.

As to flying in Africa, I have seen photos of pilots in short sleeves. Don't know how high they planned on going; a lot of flying in NA was pretty low level compared to Europe as they did a lot of air to ground and coverage thereof.

• 2 weeks later...
2 hours ago, Out2gtcha said:

Excellent! Although I too have the SW resin kit, Ill be picking one of these up for sure.  Would love to have a BOB Gladdie..............I will likely then build a Sea-Gladdie out of my SW kit. Looking forward to this release as well! 

Good!

You might finally get to use all those pics I took at Duxford for you...........................................:lol:

https://www.largescaleplanes.com/walkaround/wk.php?wid=38

56 minutes ago, PhilB said:

Good!

You might finally get to use all those pics I took at Duxford for you...........................................:lol:

https://www.largescaleplanes.com/walkaround/wk.php?wid=38

I haven't looked in a while, but even that old BOB SW Gladdie WIP thread of mine might actually still be around somewhere! 

That looks really impressive - nothing jumps out as being a howler. The surface detail looks good as do the brownings. Definitely one to look forward to. 

The rigging will need to be in photo etch to represent the RAF aerodynamic wires. It would have been nice if this has been included in the kit. 

I wonder if there will be any test shots at Telford this weekend.

Will

Edited by scimitarf1
additional sentence

1 hour ago, scimitarf1 said:

That looks really impressive - nothing jumps out as being a howler. The surface detail looks good as do the brownings. Definitely one to look forward to. 

The rigging will need to be in photo etch to represent the RAF aerodynamic wires. It would have been nice if this has been included in the kit. 

Agreed, I think the kit looks really nice from CAD so far.  I think though I personally will probably cheat and use the Prym flat/wide "knitting in thread" in place of any PE or hard rigging. 
Although not 100% accurate, I've seen the trials and tribulations that some have gone though with PE rigging and the Prym thread is a decent albeit not perfect representation of flat wire. With my meat hands, I cant seem to make stiff PE rigging work. In truth, some have made them work, but I've only made a disaster of the times I personally have tried. 

12 hours ago, Out2gtcha said:

Agreed, I think the kit looks really nice from CAD so far.  I think though I personally will probably cheat and use the Prym flat/wide "knitting in thread" in place of any PE or hard rigging. 
Although not 100% accurate, I've seen the trials and tribulations that some have gone though with PE rigging and the Prym thread is a decent albeit not perfect representation of flat wire. With my meat hands, I cant seem to make stiff PE rigging work. In truth, some have made them work, but I've only made a disaster of the times I personally have tried. 

The only time I needed flying wires (for a 1/32 ID Swordfish) I used Aeroclubs very finest grade airfoil extruded plastic strips which worked well, looked to scale and had that correct 3-D look.

They also allowed a little flexibility (no pun intended) in fitting as they could be shrunk a little with mild heat. I'm surprised that there hasn't been a replacement made since John Adams ceased production as there must be a huge demand for WNW and models such as this one.