ICM Gloster Gladiator

Kagemusha

On 1/16/2019 at 5:35 PM, Tnarg said:

Aviation Megastore lists quite a few 1/32  Gladiator decals. They have one Belgian sheet shared with the CR.42 from Dutch Decal, plus Kora sheets of Gladiators from Latvia, Lithuania, China, Soviet, Luftwaffe and another Belgian sheet. If the kit doesn't have enough options, these should help.

Tnarg

https://www.aviationmegastore.com/belgian-ww2-fighters-fiat-cr42-gloster-gladiator-dd32017-dutch-decal-dd32017-vliegtuig-bouwmodel-transfers/product/?action=prodinfo&art=110950

On January 18, 2019 at 10:23 AM, dennismcc said:

Ever so tempted by this, with it's history and good looks I think I should buy and build one, it's just the rigging that as usual puts me off.

Cheers

Dennis

I wish a manufacturer would pick up the OOP  "STRUTZ" streamlined wire for rigging.  I am looking at my last set containing a few that will work nicely on the Gladiator.

Rick

If I can get past my inertia, my Sea Glad should follow soon!  And when Squadron has ICM kits marked down...

Wunwinglow,  aileron ones are streamline too- you can see where they return to cylindrical before meeting the "turnbuckle" (I think there's a different name, but I'm not thinking of it).

Yes, gingerbob, I think you might be right. Sometimes on larger machines with ailerons on both wings the link is a tube, designed to push and pull, whereas the flying and landing wires are all designed to work under (considerable) tension.....