ICM Gloster Gladiator

Kagemusha

19 minutes ago, Jennings Heilig said:

Where did you see that???

It's listed on Hannants under their "Future Release" tab. It shows a Korean War B-26C in quarter III, and a WWII A-26C in quarter IV.

- Dennis S.

Thornton, CO USA

3 minutes ago, Jan_G said:

so Hannants has decals release on their future releases for Gladiator scheduled for Q4 - Gladiator Mk.I/II in Foreign service

looks that we will get many different schemes to choose :D

jan

https://www.hannants.co.uk/product/ICMD32004

No details yet, but hoping for Latvia, Sweden/Finland, Lithuania and Norway.... and put it on skis please.

Tnarg

On 12/26/2018 at 11:31 AM, scimitarf1 said:

I hope they do the rigging as etch. 

I'm no Gadiator expert.But judging by this picture,the rigging is very thick.

Looks more like rods than wires to me :hmmm:

G30%20Wevelgem%20ED%20Coll.jpg

Edited by Erwin

2 hours ago, lorenzo63 said:

I think ICM is still our best hope to see one day some very important planes ( still missing in 1/32) such La 5, La 7, Yak 1, Yak 9.....

Yes, think what they could do if they had the Hart to do some more inter-war stuff; in fact, I'll throw down the Gauntlet to them to do so.  If they do these there'll be people modelling like Demons, but if not some will be in a Fury. :D:D:D:D

I'll get my hat & coat ...

2 hours ago, MikeC said:

Yes, think what they could do if they had the Hart to do some more inter-war stuff; in fact, I'll throw down the Gauntlet to them to do so.  If they do these there'll be people modelling like Demons, but if not some will be in a Fury. :D:D:D:D

I'll get my hat & coat ...

And hope for one of those with floats and Swedish colors, or Estonian or Danish... maybe Santa could help?

Tnarg

I shall have to dig out my research to what RAF Gladiators fought where etc

The ‘Memphis Belle of Gladiators’ is one of the Malta ‘Faith, Hope and Charity’ birds, but I have no idea what mark they are...

this is still super cool news  

26 minutes ago, nmayhew said:

I shall have to dig out my research to what RAF Gladiators fought where etc

The ‘Memphis Belle of Gladiators’ is one of the Malta ‘Faith, Hope and Charity’ birds, but I have no idea what mark they are...

this is still super cool news  

The Malta Gladiators were Sea Gladiators "standard Fleet Air Arm pattern except they were assembled without arrestor hooks, dinghies or sea markers, their armament consisted of four Browning guns on the standard lower wings and nose mountings and all aircraft possessed the manufacturers' modifications to permit the mounting of an additional pair of Browning guns on the top wing.  The engines were "Shadow built" Mercury VIIIAS driving two-blade wooden propellers." (Source Francis K Mason, The Gloster Gladiator)  Mason also notes that there is absolutely no contemporary evidence  that any of the Gladiators were , at any time in their operations, individually or collectively referenced by the names "Faith", "Hope" and "Charity".  These terms first surfaced in the UK in 1941.

If that is true, it still stresses the need for such names during bleak times, and those were bleak times for the defenders of Malta. Read about the ordeal of the tanker Ohio, and her struggle to get oil to Malta; that one event prolly saved the day.

I also saw the "Cypress" Japanese trainer; the license built Bucher. Good way to get some more sales. I had hopes my Willow might get some company. It may if I find some hino's the right size. ICM is doing some good things in 1/32.