HK Lanc review

Pfuf

2 hours ago, Ryan said:

The Mission Models micro chisel is great for EPM's

Especially with the optional head set.

Ryan

Agreed. Once I opted to buy the tiny chisel heads for the set, they came in handy immediately, rather nicely removing an ejector pin mark from inside a tail wheel fork. Very handy tool indeed.

1 hour ago, Kagemusha said:

Nerd: a single-minded expert in a particular technical field.

Some folks say de-cals, others dec-als, toma-toes, tom-atoes,  certainly easier than saying the names of ancient Greek playwrights and their works.

Can we all just chill, and cease with the finger pointing - I don't particularly like video reviews for a variety of reasons, have tried watching quite a few, but then stopped part way through, action films have the same effect. Different strokes for different folks, and the world is richer for it.

I'm offended, we say Tamaties in RSA :wicked::lol:. Nige, Jennings and all chill. I liked the video, and appreciate the time it took to produce and upload. 

Edited by Gerhard

6 hours ago, PhilM said:

If it is - as you imply - repeated behaviour, why should we have to ignore it?

Because as Phil B implies, getting along with people of all sorts on LSP is a mixture of both tolerance and of courtesy. The staff try to find a 'sensible balance' with the interests of the greater good in mind. We're aware and reconciled to the truth that we're never going to please everyone's tastes, their personal limits of tolerance or expectations of courtesy.

Nige's video review isn't for everyone but it obviously has and will continue to find an appreciative audience. 

Rather than continue to discuss this and further drive away from the topic I'd really appreciate if posts could  return to the reviews of the Lancaster and ways to address issues it raises. Afterall, that's why we logon to a modelling website.

If people want to talk about other stuff by all means send me a PM.

TIA Matty

Just found a post on Britmodeller that states the HK kit has the red gear mtce locks molded onto the retraction struts, something used only on post war aircraft. Of course, these locks prevent inadvertent gear retraction on the ground. Can anyone with the kit confirm?

Mark Proulx

4 hours ago, Mark P said:

Just found a post on Britmodeller that states the HK kit has the red gear mtce locks molded onto the retraction struts, something used only on post war aircraft. Of course, these locks prevent inadvertent gear retraction on the ground. Can anyone with the kit confirm?

Mark Proulx

Check my sprue review vid at 27:50. Please confirm if this is in fact correct. I'm not trying tp plug my vid, it's just easier this way than saving a snip and posting it.

EDIT:- I can confirm those support rods are actually there, and shouldn't be, unless you're modelling your kit in major overhaul or restoration? I now need to look into exactly what needs to be removed, just the rod or is there something at either end that has been molded on by HK?

Edited by Nigels modelling bench

On 1/1/2019 at 2:13 AM, Gloucester Nige said:

And your point is?? 

What did I mis-pronounce? As for being called a model Nerd.. what exactly do you mean?? Please define a model Nerd?

Dont worry Americans mis-pronounce and mis-spell the English language continually. I enjoyed your review thanks!

On 1/1/2019 at 8:26 AM, alaninaustria said:

Hi Nige - don’t worry mate, many of us appreciate you and your efforts! Jennings lives in a bubble - don’t mind him...

Cheers

Alan

Edited by Dave J

On 12/31/2018 at 2:52 PM, LSP_K2 said:

Agreed. Once I opted to buy the tiny chisel heads for the set, they came in handy immediately, rather nicely removing an ejector pin mark from inside a tail wheel fork. Very handy tool indeed.

Funny story, I bought the extra head set because it came with the tool to remove the standard chisel that the unit came with.

Mine came loose and I could not find a tool small enough to secure it, so bought the upgrade set.

Ryan