HK Lanc review

Pfuf

People are entitled to their opinions and personal tastes about reviews and styles but please remember the rules of the road.

We actively police comments that denigrate people or companies and our expectation is that criticisms remain factual and dispassionate.  We're getting close to crossing some lines in this thread. Lines that we just don't want to see crossed.

It's not a burden to be considerate of others efforts whilst expressing your opinion.

Thanks Matt

On 12/29/2018 at 9:09 PM, BloorwestSiR said:

I took a look at the bomb bay roof in my kit and they're proud of the surface. To me, this actually makes them easier to deal with versus having to fill them in and then sand them down.

At the same time, I just purchased a new tool from Gunze called the Mr. Scraper. According to the packaging, it's designed to remove seams and irregularities where it's not possible to get a piece of sandpaper.

I decided to try it out. You can see the results on the upper row.

I was even able to remove the pin mark in the upper left corner too. 

You could probably get similar results with a small chisel but I'm happy with it. 

Carl

There is also this:

AK8058.jpg

I've used one of the glass fibre propelling pencils in the past and they are very good but if you get any of the fibres in your skin (as they can break off ) then it's a fine pair of tweezers and a magnifying glass as they are pretty painful.

12 hours ago, Jennings Heilig said:

Video reviews give me the creeps.  A video of a model nerd opening a box and pulling sprues out while mispronouncing the names of things like “nacelle” - no thanks.

And your point is?? 

What did I mis-pronounce? As for being called a model Nerd.. what exactly do you mean?? Please define a model Nerd?

7 hours ago, LSP_Matt said:

People are entitled to their opinions and personal tastes about reviews and styles but please remember the rules of the road.

We actively police comments that denigrate people or companies and our expectation is that criticisms remain factual and dispassionate.  We're getting close to crossing some lines in this thread. Lines that we just don't want to see crossed.

It's not a burden to be considerate of others efforts whilst expressing your opinion.

Thanks Matt

I would like to see this guys post removed please. I find it offensive to be told I am describing an aircraft component incorrectly, incorrectly pronounced by an Englishman describing a British Aircraft component??  and to be called a "model Nerd" is not appropriate for someone who has been modelling for 49 years and has been a member on this site for many years.

5 hours ago, Gerhard said:

There is also this:

AK8058.jpg

This is the same product I think, and is what I use.

They are invaluable for plolishing PE or removing excess glue from PE mesh etc. The bristles do tend to break off however and must be vacuumed up immediately.. for obvious reasons. RS also do spare tips for them.  https://uk.rs-online.com/web/p/pcb-cleaning-brushes/0514868/

I'm not sure theyre man enough for removing EPM's, but will be good for cleaning up after scraping. They are also available with a wire brush end.

Edited by Nigels modelling bench

20 minutes ago, Gloucester Nige said:

I would like to see this guys post removed please. I find it offensive to be told I am describing an aircraft component incorrectly, incorrectly pronounced by an Englishman describing a British Aircraft component??  and to be called a "model Nerd" is not appropriate for someone who has been modelling for 49 years and has been a member on this site for many years.

As you have been here for many years then you will know Jennings !

I think Matty has summed things up pretty nicely above and that post was best ignored in the first place.

:)

2 hours ago, Gloucester Nige said:

And your point is?? 

What did I mis-pronounce? As for being called a model Nerd.. what exactly do you mean?? Please define a model Nerd?

If we weren't - all - modelling nerds, this site wouldn't exist: neither would after-market decals ...

If video reviews give him the creeps, why did he watch it? Surely not just to be able to make an offensive post about it?

I found the review helpful, and appreciate you doing it.

2 hours ago, PhilB said:

As you have been here for many years then you will know Jennings !

I think Matty has summed things up pretty nicely above and that post was best ignored in the first place.

:)

If it is - as you imply - repeated behaviour, why should we have to ignore it?

Nerd: a single-minded expert in a particular technical field.

Some folks say de-cals, others dec-als, toma-toes, tom-atoes,  certainly easier than saying the names of ancient Greek playwrights and their works.

Can we all just chill, and cease with the finger pointing - I don't particularly like video reviews for a variety of reasons, have tried watching quite a few, but then stopped part way through, action films have the same effect. Different strokes for different folks, and the world is richer for it.