paul fisher

Thank you !

Just seen this and I'm hoping this might help Paul and other victims out somewhat.

It specifically mentions the 2018 fire in Paradise which I believe was the one that destroyed Paul's house.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-us-canada-50697816

Edited by PhilB

Well, it may or may not help.  California passed a couple of laws last year that allow for an utility company to pass any settlements from lawsuits onto their customers so in essence if you sue them then everyone's rates will just go up to cover it.  Very sad.  I can understand in why they passed it as they don't want companies to go bankrupt or have one giant lawsuit that would ultimately wipe the company out leaving thousands without utilities.  On the other hand, they also filed bankruptcy.  That all depends on how the federal government handles their case and what type.  There is the possibility that they won't be dissolved and are able to wipe the settlement off the books.  There is also the possibility that the settlement money will go directly to the insurance companies instead of to the individual.

Basically, what I am trying to get at is that I wouldn't celebrate any victory until Paul or anyone there has a nice fat check in their hands without any strings attached to it.

17 hours ago, nichenson said:

Well, it may or may not help.  California passed a couple of laws last year that allow for an utility company to pass any settlements from lawsuits onto their customers so in essence if you sue them then everyone's rates will just go up to cover it.  Very sad.  I can understand in why they passed it as they don't want companies to go bankrupt or have one giant lawsuit that would ultimately wipe the company out leaving thousands without utilities.  On the other hand, they also filed bankruptcy.  That all depends on how the federal government handles their case and what type.  There is the possibility that they won't be dissolved and are able to wipe the settlement off the books.  There is also the possibility that the settlement money will go directly to the insurance companies instead of to the individual.

Basically, what I am trying to get at is that I wouldn't celebrate any victory until Paul or anyone there has a nice fat check in their hands without any strings attached to it.

That's the way all lawsuits work. Sue the company, one person gets rich and the company recoups the money from their customers/employees. Every time. 

Dave

Dear Paul and Susy

Here in Germany you are well known too and we are feeling with what happened to you, in german breaking news are always news about USA too, i think the reason is we germans are still so close to you, coz we never forget the help and the care what the american government gave to us germans after WWII.

So i hope you can manage all your problems, find solutions in the year 2020. I wish you both happy new year and good luck for your future and hope one day you can produce your great conversion sets again.

Sincerly Werner from Oldenburg, Germany