paul fisher

Thank you !

Glad to hear things are moving in the right direction.

Here's to 2019 seeing your lives and your company re-emerge, literally, phoenix-like from the ashes of Paradise...

Matt

BEST WISHES FOR THE NEW YEAR!

I meant what I said in an earlier thread. If you choose, after taking care of family and other far more important non-modeling issues, to get back into the modeling world, I have one of your RF-8A conversions that I would be happy to donate to the cause of helping you reverse master the set. If not, no matter. Modeling seems far less important given the totality of what has transpired. I'm happy that you are well given the circumstances and I can only hope that 2019 will bring only good tidings and better times. 

Robert

Paul,

Just wanted to make a post letting you know that we are still thinking of you and Susy.  Any decisions made on relocating or rebuilding back in CA?  I understand if you don't want to say.  Here's to a bright 2019!  :beer4:

Thanks to all of you ....I wish I knew what to tell you, but it is impossible to say what we'll end up doing or when. My insurance company has paid out 75 % of our policy and is not in any hurry to pay out the rest, it will be a test of wills I guess.

I understand they are a business, and they must profit to survive,  but it is hard to swallow how many millions of dollars they spend to tell us they are "on our side" on the television and then try to screw us out of what we've been paying for  over all these years.

The cost to rebuild  my workshop and equip it as it was before the fire is far beyond  what we can afford if we hope to rebuild or buy a home, so change is the order of the day.

Any manufacturing , such as production casting will have to be farmed out to someone already equipped and fully up to speed on such work.I have been talking informally with a company in Europe who are very well equipped and whose work I respect about future casting and even finishing of my stuff. This would allow me to do new kits, as well as open up a new opportunity for those who collect finished , cased display pieces, a market I have not participated in before.

I don't need a big shop  to create masters, but I do need to really think about what new kits to do, and what old products to try and bring back.Many of my 1/32 kits will be very expensive to re-tool, re-print decals and photo etch for, so I have to be realistic about how fast I can move and how far.It's been extremely disorienting to have my entire little world simply vanish overnight and I will be the first to tell you I have not been myself since the fire. I don't mean to ignore emails, I just don't know what to say in reply other than thanks, and this will take time.

Without your support this would be infinitely worse than it has been. As soon as plans become more sharply defined, you'll read it here! Until then, build models, enjoy your friends and family and pizza.Pizza is good.

Paul

Paul, I haven't put my 2 cents in until now.  I know things have been difficult to deal with. I just want to say thank you for all your efforts in the past. I hope the future will be sunny. After personally talking to you over some years, you were immeasurable help to me. Good luck on the future.   My Skyray and Wyvern thank you.

Pizza. Bacon pizza. Yum.....

Seriously, best wishes getting back on your feet whatever the future may bring.

Edited by Aptivaboy

As many of us have indicated before, if you want a loan of our unbuilt kits or a source of reference material like we gave you in the past, please just let us know. I am a slow builder in denial of being a collector, so I have too many of your kits not finished. I also have that set of data I gave you for the Curtiss A-8/A-12 Shrike... maybe more than one of us in the world would buy a kit of one of those in 1/32.

Whatever you do, please know that we are pulling for you and hope for the best for you and your family. The people here in Santa Rosa, CA are finally seeing some houses built again after a year and a half since our fire, even if some of them have just left for greener pastures. Hopefully the people of Paradise see something to take care of them as well. Good luck with your efforts, it just takes time.

Tnarg

Dear Paul,

It’s been a while since this modellers’ community does not get news from you on this forum.

I hope you and your dear ones are well and things are getting back to normality, though hard it can be.

Please let us know, when time and mood allows for it.

I wish you will soon excite all of us with the announcement that FM&P is back into business and new masterpieces are in the pipeline for the joy of our community. 

Kindest regards,

Stefano